WIP 3d guy high-ish poly

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/WIP 3d guy high-ish poly

skn3(Posted 2005) [#1]
Currently 3227 poly (thats triangles). Was aiming for 3000, but upped the target to 3500.

Currently it is still in 2 halfs (explains the split down the middle) and no texture. Well be denim style pockets.

It is for a game I am creating with somone :)

Criticism please ?

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#2]
It looks like he's wearing a jumpsuit is that how it's suppose to be?

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#3]
he looks like a chav mechanic, but good nonetheless

skn3(Posted 2005) [#4]
Yup jumpsuit was exactly what I was going for :D

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#5]
Then it looks pretty good without seeing the wireframe anyway.

It looks like you could use more triangles on the cuffs at these look very polygony(?) as opposed to the rest that looks quite organic.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#6]
Hmm. GREAT looking, you know, without textures, you could make a blob, give it some eyes, a mouth and a tongue, and with this style, you'd have Trapdoor Returns!

skn3(Posted 2005) [#7]

Yeah just noticed the cuffs, had forgot to assign them into a smoothign group.

Rhodesy(Posted 2005) [#8]
Cool, whats that for ?

skn3(Posted 2005) [#9]
lol

clownhunter(Posted 2005) [#10]
He looks kinda short to me.

Panno(Posted 2005) [#11]
called Mr. Schiezo ?

skn3(Posted 2005) [#12]
maybe a little short :)

Schiezo who ?

nadia(Posted 2005) [#13]
looks great!
He looks a bit child like (short) because the head is very big in proportion to body. In a newborn baby the head is about 1/3 of the whole body. The head of a 7-8 year old child is about 1/6 of the body length. And in a full-grown adult the head is about 1/8 of the whole body length.
So just by adjusting the size of the head compared to the rest of the body one can strongly suggest the age of a human figure.

ashmantle(Posted 2005) [#14]
Those are tiny people!

ErikT(Posted 2005) [#15]
Good stuff!

HNPhan(Posted 2005) [#16]
thats a pretty cool style man, keep it up!

Bob3d(Posted 2005) [#17]
nice...

looks like hands are an object appart; I'd weld em in the base of the whrist ends, I mean weld that -keeping human proportions- if you want to avoid normals darkening ingame , or some other problems...

if is for real time 3d, not rendering, I'd specially kill some tris in the center of th echest, you will not need them...

maybe arms too long?

also in the feet, top part, about at middle.

to the body...add some corners, some sharp detail, to not make it to smooth-undefined...

if the hat is never gonna get spearatedfrom head, I again would weld at vertex level...if it's gonna fall or move , I'd then model fully the head, as it's gonna be seen without the hat.

fine, other than that :)

CodeD(Posted 2005) [#18]
If you're using Max, you should use a Symmetry modifier instead of a mirror modifier. You may or probably have this in whatever program you're using.

Mirror creates a copy of an object that can be flipped on any or multiple axis's. Symmetry creates a copy of a model, that when you work on one side it mirrors your work symmetrically on the other side at the same time.

Model looks great by the way!

;)