New Website Logo

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/New Website Logo

N(Posted 2005) [#1]
I've been planning on redesigning my website for a while -- it's pretty borked and not easy to maintain even with the systems I've got in place at the moment. So anyways, first thing I'm doing is coming up with a new style for it, and that new style will revolve around the logo I come up with. So, I'm drawing little logos for it now.

This is the first one I've come up with...

It's inspired in part by the main menu graphics I made for my game, Gemini (formerly known as Big Bang).

N(Posted 2005) [#2]
Number two.

sswift(Posted 2005) [#3]
The first one is much better, both in composition, and color.

I would adjust the gradient though on the NRC bit. Instead of using a multiply blend, maybe a color burn, or soft light, so keep the orange saturation in the dark bit. Also, I think I'd put the transition up more so that the portion of the transition which is currently over the bottom edge of the white line, is cerntered over the white line. Also, I would probably throw another gradient on there to push up the brightness of the top half of the letters, more towards yellow/white.

Also I would try flipping the gradient on ART. And I would try making art whiteish, instead of dark gray. I would also try making the line behind NRC a dark gray instead, and I might try extending the line behind NRC so it covers the whole top of the webpage, and sticks out another centimeter or two on the left side.

sswift(Posted 2005) [#4]
Ps:
Why did you change the name of your game? I thought Big Bang was a great name, though perhaps not for a shareware game because a google search for the name would pull up thousands of sites.

Gemini on the other hand is rather dull, sounds like an American Gladiator, and does not solve the problem of Google searches as it too is an often used word in astronomy.

Of course to properly utilize the Big Bang name you'd need a cartoony style look to the game, which your untextured graphics appeared to have, though obviously the choice of textures and logo would affect that.

N(Posted 2005) [#5]
Thanks for the crits., swift, I'll give'em a shot.

As you pointed out, Big Bang wouldn't suit an art style that isn't cartoony. So, for the time being, I'm calling it Gemini.

I could always re-name it 'RocketWizardNinjaSpaceShip' if I finish it.

N(Posted 2005) [#6]
Not sure if this encompasses all the crits., but new picture:

skn3(Posted 2005) [#7]
There was a game on n64 called gemini I seem to remember. Nice logo, the first one looks nicest.

sswift(Posted 2005) [#8]
I just noticed there's a vertical line on the left side of the R... What's that there for?

I think you should change the shape of the R, so the front sticks out, or is hexagonal, or something. It is hard to read the word "art" with the R so similar to the A. Also that would allow you to fix the T which looks weird like that with the left side longer than the right.

I may have been wrong about making art lighter. It looked better darker I think. Also the white bar behind NRC looked better.

Is that line in the R there supposed to be a seperate character? A slash? Maybe make that wider, and definitely put as much space between it and the R as between it and the N.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#9]
Make the spacing at the closest point between the letters consistent...