Latest Screen Shot of New Engine

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Latest Screen Shot of New Engine

Rogue Vector(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi,

I've posted the latest screen shot from Octane's game engine in the gallery.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=970&gallery=&page=1

There are a few more shots on our web site.

Cheers,

Rogue Vector.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#2]
verrry niiiice stuff you got there on your site... i'm tempted to 'steal' that generator from you... i'm sure i could find some use for it... is it really free :) credit for the model given, of course...

it looks like you've got as really talented team there... the artwork in those shots is first rate.

anyway... tell us more about the game engine... features,what was it written in, any specific genre targeted at (fps looks like),

i didn't see any sort of shadowing... will that be included... will models self shadow (i'm really into shadowing lately, sorry to be so pedantic about it :) )

is it gonna be lightmapped oriented, or real time lit...

how will the developer interface with it... functions, scripting, etc...

--Mike

Rogue Vector(Posted 2005) [#3]
All of the free stuff on Octane's site is free for commercial use - credits not necessary, but appreciated.

We have full commercial licenses for Terragen, Bryce, Milkshape 3D, Quill 3D, Gile[s] etc.

As for the engine, it has been written from scratch in Blitz 3D, and in such a way that will enable easy porting to other languages like C or Blitz Max - that's something for the future though.

We decided to go with Mark's Render Tween system as opposed to DeltaT. The engine allows the player to easily switch between 1st and 3rd person perspective.

The occlusion system is developed from my Zone Occlusion code.

Regards,

Rogue Vector

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
Very nice, well done so far. can't wait to see more (playable demo level?). Reminds me of I got to work on mine too :)

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#5]
yeah... great looking stuff, and congrats on getting as far as you did... i too am looking forward to running around on one of your levels...

good luck

--Mike