Big Bang - Graphics

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Big Bang - Graphics

N(Posted 2005) [#1]
No, this isn't some space art stuff, these are graphics from the game I'm working on (yes, holy crap, I'm actually making a game), whose working title is Big Bang -- not because it's big or anything, it's just going to have a lot of explosions.

Anyhow, first sprites I made for it.. (don't worry, I had code done before I started on these ;) ):

The fan goes inside the fan housing, which is attached to the player's ship. The explosion and bolt are weapon effects.

The game is '2D' (technically it's 3D since it's using BlitzMax) and uses a perspective similar to games like Gradius and Raptor (why is it that I'm the only person who remembers that?). Lots of explosions is the goal. Right now I've got a framework up and running and it's not difficult to add in enemies, weapons, etc. thanks to object oriented programming.

The instant I get some actual screenshots I'll post under Blitz Showcase, but 'til then I'm afraid these do belong under Graphics Showcase.

Cheers.

Snarkbait(Posted 2005) [#2]
cool... one silly question: what good would a fan do in space? ;)

N(Posted 2005) [#3]
I didn't say it was going to be in space.

Snarkbait(Posted 2005) [#4]
Ah I must have read it wrong. :P

N(Posted 2005) [#5]
Not difficult to, I'm a terrible writer :P

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#6]
wow.. that's some really nice crispy graphics you got there... did you pixel paint it?

Drago(Posted 2005) [#7]
according to the answers he gave me in the IRC channel, the fan was made in Wings3D, cept for the blade that was done with the splines tool in 3ds.

Uber Lieutenant(Posted 2005) [#8]
Blasphemy. If you claim that Cower will ever make a game and not simply experiment, can I buy some pot from you?

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#9]
those are some clean graphics... i'm jealous...

--Mike

N(Posted 2005) [#10]
Animated GIF of the explosion thing, forgot I had this uploaded.

N(Posted 2005) [#11]
Random picture:

N(Posted 2005) [#12]
Not exactly sure if I'm going to use this...

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#13]
Use it for fireing BlitzMax beta to space...? :)

Looks... ahm.... interesting! :D

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#14]
Looks like a jet engine with the housing missing - or a giant forearm mounted flamethrower.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#15]
or the handle for a lightsaber

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#16]
Ann Summers of the 25th Century...