My Latest Movie

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/My Latest Movie

Reda Borchardt(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hello Everybody,

I thought that I would share with you guys my latest movie creation :)
it can be found on http://www.bendali.com/Bendali%20Site/

It's called "Thierry The Punisher" and contains plenty of special effects.

Kind regards
Reda Borchardt

maximo(Posted 2005) [#2]
Man that was great and funny :) What do you plan to do next? :)

Tom(Posted 2005) [#3]
pretty funny :)

I didn't realise putting out cigarettes made so much noise! :)

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#4]
Well, for a bit of amateur fun its excelent! I get the idea about it :) For an amateur looking for a more serious future, the acting (what acting?) is bad :P lol ... and you should shade the effects more so that they give off radiance and stuff, they look too two-dimensional compared to what i saw in the real Star Wars.

Snarkbait(Posted 2005) [#5]
The city and interiors look just like the setting of Half Life 2..

maximo(Posted 2005) [#6]
Reda I have a question, how do you find "Chromanator" to work with? Is it good program that you can pull of most of the stuff? Have you tried any of the proffesional tools that discreet makes and some other houses. How does it compare to them? Can you give some advices, I'm also interested in this :9

Reda Borchardt(Posted 2005) [#7]
Dear Maximo,

I will be during the course of this week releasing video tutorials that will focus specifically on Chromonator and its usage. Since I have only been using the software for a week. I would be uncomfortable to make general statements at the moment.

All I can tell you, is that it has exceeded my expectations for a software in this price range by far.

Kind regards
Reda Borchardt

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#8]
Very nice work. So you didn't use any additional lights in the carpark? I wish I had such a nice camera. Mine creates snowstorms whenever the light is low. Well, got to make a "lost at northpole" theme :)

Reda Borchardt(Posted 2005) [#9]
No additional light was used in the carpark. I use a Sony DCR-HC1000E with a standard lens. It records in MiniDV quality and has 3 separate oversized chips for each primary color. The oversized chips allow me as well to record in true anamorphic 16:9 format instead of faking it using a letterbox.

I can only recommend this camera.

Kind regards
Reda Borchardt

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#10]
Of course, it's a nice camera. How much did you pay for it (I think you probably paid 2 grand for the name "sony" only)?

Yeah, stupid me bought a 1 chip DVcamcorder lately, only because it was cheap. Wouldn't buy something with less than 3 Chips (3CCD) anymore! In a 1/6" (1)CCD camera, red, green and blue have to SHARE one chip for all the work. No surprise the images are unsharp and require lots of light...

Well, probably I'll sell the camera to some stupid ;) and buy me a cheap 3CCD model. I was thinking about a Panasonic GV 130 - it has almost every feature I need, but there is no built in hires photo-mode (don't need that anyway) etc. Of course, I'd prevere a GV400, but this one costs a little more.

I was thinking about to buy Chromanator too, it's pretty cool. But again, I try not to spend too much money for now, so I have downloaded "Zwei-Stein", a freeware that can do Greenscreening etc.

I'm using MAGIX Video deluxe 2005 (aka MAGIX Movie Editor 2005)as Editor. It's real good for the price. Not as good as Premiere Pro or Avid, but still lot's better than most cheap apps.

I was working on some blitz tools too to add particles etc. to avis. Maybe I'm gonna release them one day.

Are there any redundancies with Chromanator and AlamDV? Can you do visual FX with both of them? I mean, the sword etc., was it done in chromanator?

EDIT: I have tested the mentioned "Zweistein". Although it's a nice multipurpose freeware tool, it's greenscreening isn't better than other apps. It still shows the well known DV Matte Line artefacts, resulting from 4.1.1. DV Compression. It really seems like somebody from the Blitz Community was required (me) to write a greenscreening app that isn't extremly unintelligent :P . I have successfully implemented an optimizing greenscreening algorithm. Still got to make a user interface tho.

Sorry, this was kind of off topic.

Reda Borchardt(Posted 2005) [#11]
Hi,

I wish you the best of luck with your quest to find good and cheap software. For the particles, I used a software called ParticleIllusion SE on the Mac. You can also get it on Windows.

The best greenscreening that I have seen so far running on my computer is Chromanator. This is because it is optimised to remove bleeding edges from MiniDV recordings. It works particularly well on green color. Apparently, all DV cameras pick up green particularly well. That's why.

Whatever you do with your camera... make sure that you get one on which you can put a wide angle lens on top. I just got my lens today and I have to say that it is absolutely AWESOME. I literally get 40% more on the left and the right with a minimum of distortion.

Kind regards
Reda Borchardt