models free

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/models free

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have a few models on my website that need a good use... If you put a thankyou in the credits and dropped me an email about it I would be flattered.

Most are either in b3d or 3ds format.. need to be textured. I don't feel like being that generous so you do it! : )

You can go here... no fancy page (prhaps 1 day!)

http://www.silverimports.com/web3ds/

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
Very nice model, probably useful for non-realtime stuff (movie fx), but kind of too much polygons for ingame use IMHO.

You have a lot of models on your page, but no pics (infact it's a folder index). Now since you're a blitzcoder, how about an app that will load each model, take a render, save it as a small PNG (see freeimage library), create a HTML page that shows the small pngs, plus a link to the file. You would have to do this only once :)

Kalisme(Posted 2005) [#3]
I'm about to have a look at your link, but I do think it is highly possible to use these models for good fast games... just use a poly reduction tool or if someone owns lightwave thay can reduce the polygons but get the model to look the same with normalmapping... well anywho... I'm about to look