Photosourcing is fun

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Photosourcing is fun

N(Posted 2005) [#1]
Normally I'm opposed to photosourcing (because back when I tried it I had a crappy digital camera), but as of late I think it's a practical means of getting textures.

Some random crap I threw together.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#2]
Very nice.

starfox(Posted 2005) [#3]
Reminds me of Zelda Wind Waker

skn3(Posted 2005) [#4]
Reminds me of counterstrike, looks cool :)

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#5]
I really need to take my digital camera around edinburgh sometime soon...

oh, nice btw :)

aCiD2(Posted 2005) [#6]
Wow, very smooth Noel :) So how did you make them? Take a photo and just clone the edges, or is there more to it than that?

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#7]

Reminds me of counterstrike, looks cool :)

Yup. Just what I thought.

Thjose cubes seem remarkably smooth-edged too!

Bob3d(Posted 2005) [#8]
in companies, it is a must,lately...

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#9]
Yeah, i figured photosourcing is fun as well but i needed a lush green tree and its winter so it doesnt always work :) does it.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#10]
May as well just take pictures of whatever you can find... It may be of use later on.

N(Posted 2005) [#11]
So how did you make them?

Took it into Photoshop, selected the paintbrush, and began fixing the edges. Then I set it as my secondary monitor's wallpaper so I could see how it tiled and then attempted to remove all noticeably repeating features.

As for the trim-ish things on two of the textures, the middle sort of embossing bit is a texture from my old bridge model and the rest of it is hand-painted.

aCiD2(Posted 2005) [#12]
Funky :) Wish I had my camera...

Pax(Posted 2005) [#13]
Nice :)

If anything, i would adjust the contrast curves (they seem quite light over here, you know, kind of wo. a dark side on them), specially the ones in the lower line.

xmlspy(Posted 2005) [#14]
Looks nice.