german WW2 recon vehicle

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/german WW2 recon vehicle

Gameworx(Posted 2005) [#1]
*update*I've just finished my first 3D model in milkshape3D. The machinegun (MG34) is still missing.

Its a german Sd.Kfz 223 (light recon vehicle).

Is there anyone working on a WW2 title? Maybe I could give some helping hand. :)

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#2]
Looks nice... Now all you've got to do is texture it.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#3]
Very good.

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2005) [#4]
Impressive. Would love to see it with textures. ;)

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#5]
Not bad - just remove the smoothing from the turret sides and make a skin/texture that looks like this:

Other images:

http://images.google.com/images?q=Sd.Kfz%20223&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wi

BTW, that particular Sonderkraft Fahrzeuge was used mostly during the early war years and in the desert, so that somewhat limits the possible (realistic) wwII game scenarios... Halo was making wwII game, dunno that's the current status of that project.

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2005) [#6]
You have some seriously cool stuff on your site, Mustang!

Why don't you WW2 freaks team up and make a Combat Mission or Panzer Elite clone or sumfink? :) It makes my heart go all achy to see all those superb models wasted.

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#7]

You have some seriously cool stuff on your site, Mustang!

Thanks! :)

Why don't you WW2 freaks team up

I have tried few times and basic truth is that "'net team game projects" just don't work. There's always the big rush at the beginning and ideas and content just comes and flows... then the development slowly fades away and soon nobody even agrees if it was meant to be futuristic FPS or medieval RPG... :P

So thanks, but no thanks... I've learned my lesson(s). But I DO love wwII; my personal wwII aviation collection (helmets, suits and other related gear, signed ace photos and documents) proves that I have more than passing interest for the genre. And I am working on my own something that will someday make you smile if you like wwII. And if you ask, the answer will be "when it's done".

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2005) [#8]
I can relate to what you are saying about net team game projects. Still I wouldn't hesitate to start some project with these kind of models if I weren't so busy with my strategy game project. :)

I seriously dig ww2 stuff as well.

granada(Posted 2005) [#9]
I like,A Lot :)

dave

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#10]
Hey, Truespace 3 is free too, just so you know :)

Looks nice.

GW(Posted 2005) [#11]
and packed to the gills with bugs

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#12]
Looks nice!

btw: here you have all unit types u need for a wargame... :)
http://www.france1940.bigpondhosting.com/german_equipment.htm

Gameworx(Posted 2005) [#13]
*update* Please take a look at the above shown pictures! It's my first try to make a texture. I also reworked the model and reduced almost 1.000 polygons.

Gameworx(Posted 2005) [#14]
I'm looking for a blitzcoder, who can write a little program for me. I only want to move my model over a terrain. Can someone help me with that please? Please excuse - I'm not a coder. :'(

Tom(Posted 2005) [#15]
Fine work!