Sig Sauer P220 second edition

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Sig Sauer P220 second edition

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#1]
Some of you may remember the Model of a SIG that I released to the public some months ago. The rear part including the hammer was done very badly. Unfortunately especially for FPS Player Guns the rear part is the most important part at all.
So I took some time and fixed it. I also smoothed the shape of the slide and corrected the proportions of some parts. I hope you like it.

Download: http://www.melog.ch/models/SIGp220_se.zip

It uses 9mm Parabellum Ammo and has an 8 Rounds Magazine. Very similar Models like the P226 or P228 have 15 Rounds Magazines.

This Gun is seen oftenly in movies. Byside Glock, Beretta FS92 and Colt 1911 this is one of the most common "movie guns". In the real world it is used by many law enforcement institutions and commandos, like the fbi, special forces etc.

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#2]
looks quite good. photo sourced textures are not my thing , but it does the job .
I will have a look at it in max at work tomorrow max and give you some better feedback.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thank you. I felt kind of ignored :). Anyway, it's one of the better meshes I ever made. Infact there are some problems with photos: I can't get rid of those highlights (I should use studio-like diffuse and indirect light), this is hard with dark and partial shiny materials. But hey - I'm not a pro, I may do so :P Seriously - how's everything going in your job? I'm pretty jalous, you know. People think I am a crazy guy when I tell them that I am trying to make money from computer games. Well, I _am_ crazy, but that's an other story.

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#4]

can't get rid of those highlights

Photoshop, photoshop... but it's hard work, so better source material (lighting wise) makes your life easier.

You could have modeled some parts on the sode with real geometry, now it looks quite flat/photoish when viewed from the FPS viewpoint. There's some (mapping?) problems in the trigger guard area, and some (jpeg?) artifacting shows too, maybe your source material was too small or something.

But generally speaking it's quite ok, and certainly better than most ppl here can model/map.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#5]
yes, there's something wrong with the trigger. Also I agree some details are looking flat. Maybe I should have investd a few more polies for those levers.

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#6]
That depends , because if you barely see the trigger from the First person view, why bother.
i suppose it matters if you have it as a pick up too though.

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#7]
Lookin' pretty good. I know it takes a lot of remove the glare from lighting, I've worn the "Stamp Tool" clean out covering up blimishes for my weapon pack. :D

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#8]
Thanks, Ill use this gun...

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#9]
got it imported in to max today jfk. Must say the model looks fine . The only thing I noticed was a few edges needed turning on the trigger.

I am no gun expert BTW, just an artistic viewpoint from me

yeah jobs ok, but can be frustrating for reasons I won't go in to here. yeah I miss working at home on blitz stuff

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#10]
One day you'll be a top wanted designer who works whenever he like to, but already now you have made a job out of a hobby.

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#11]
he he, hope so.I would like to to make enough money that I could sit at home all day making my own game stuff and eating doughnuts till I am sick.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#12]
really? I'd rather buy a pacific island - with internet connection, of course. Or a castle. Never stop dreaming.