Female Thief/Pirate Model WIP

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Female Thief/Pirate Model WIP

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#1]
This is a model I worked on for 3 hours last night, didn't get around to adding her top (which is why her chest is a bit bunched), hands, or head ... but I think it was decent headway. Currently, she's a sub-div model, but I'm aiming to convert her to a 2K poly model for an MMO. I'll keep updating this post, so please always check the top for the newest version. Thanks everyone!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
Looks good so far. I'm surprised they already had BRAs.

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#3]
Hehe, It's less along a realistic timeline then it is somewhat fantasy ... and it's just a really tight, small shirt :)

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#4]
She's now got apparel on her chest and hands ... now for her "gonna be a pain" head.

Najdorf(Posted 2005) [#5]
amazing stuff... Its not made with polygons, right?

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#6]
Not yet, sub-div surfaces until I convert it to polys ... then it'll be a gosh aweful amount until I start cutting them back to something I can use. I might want to use this as a cinematic main character.

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#7]
EEEK! SHe's headless!!!

Looks good, interesting navel :)

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#8]
Nice.

What do you use for modeling?

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#9]
Maya 5. I broke down and bought it a year ago ... never been happier.

jhocking(Posted 2005) [#10]
Good choice. As you've noticed, the modeling tools are quite spiffy.

By the way, the image doesn't work anymore. I did see it before though so I can comment. The arms and legs are well done, and the feet are my favorite part. Those breasts though, they're pretty freaky looking.

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#11]
I did some head work, all I really need to do now is the hair. Then I can start texturing.

D4NM4N(Posted 2005) [#12]
nice boobs :)
Howd you get it so smooth??

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#13]
It's sub-division surfaces right now. It'll be choppy as the next low-poly model when I get her completely done though. I just like the organic modelling experience brought about by the sub-div method. It allows a rediculous amount of detail, with nurbs results from a polygon->mesh smooth similar editing method. ::Hugs Alias|WaveFront::

Oleg(Posted 2005) [#14]
Her neck is a bit short and thick to my liking. Nothing else for 1st sight.

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#15]
looks ok though I would reccomend gathering loads of female reference and using it.
I would forget about the high poly version and concentrate on getting say a 2000 poly version done.
Don't work on it all at once. do the head seperate , hands etc . you will focus better that way
yeah good reference is key if you want it realistic

*(Posted 2005) [#16]
2000 poly's might be a bit high for a MMO game.

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#17]
well 2000 polys was just a figure off the top of my head.
you can easily make a decent model even at 1200 polys. just depends what its intended for.

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#18]
hehe, thanks for all the feedback, but until I can find a decent hair solution for her, she's on the backburner. her intent is no longer focused on MMO, but rather my own portfolio and demo reel, so the sky's the limit for her poly count (or, I could just leave her at sub-d, if i wish)

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#19]
wow... these are beautiful... eyes! :)

Nice job!

Jim Teeuwen(Posted 2005) [#20]
Heh, those.. things are huge! No wonder she's a pirate.
She needs the extra booty to pay for the reconstructive surgery. A set like that can't be healthy for ur back :)