DocGen R3 Logo

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/DocGen R3 Logo

N(Posted 2005) [#1]
Got bored while writing DocGen R3 (documentation generator for BlitzMax projects), so I made a logo for it.

I'm writing up the default HTML templates for it at the moment, hence the boredom.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#2]
nice :)

the orange of the mini logo doesn't look like it matches with the larger version.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#3]
Very nice.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#4]
Me Likey.

Youre Uber-Tallented :P

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#5]
I cant wait for that app!! The logo looks damned slick!!

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#6]
Pretty sweet.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#7]
Pretty sweet.

N(Posted 2005) [#8]
Double-posts are fun, eh? ;)

Anyways, only thing left to do now is handle documentation output (to HTML- shouldn't be too hard, I just have to decide how customizeable I want it to be, at the moment it's fairly customizeable- every bit of HTML it outputs can be modified via HTML template files). Just for testing purposes, I ran it over my entire modules folder (c:\blitzmax\mod), it parsed it all in 4.5 seconds, so I figure that ouput is going to be the only part that takes any signifigant amount of time.

I expect this program to put all the other BlitzMax documentation generators to shame. Especially Mark's implementation, which seems to be a half-arsed job of converting Doxygen. Only foreseeable problem is that this documentation generator is NOT (I repeat it is NOT) intended for use with the BlitzMax help system, this is intended for generating documentation for individual modules- although with proper modification you could add support for Mark's bbdoc crap. Even if I did add support for the bbdoc thing, you wouldn't get the documentation for types, constants, etc. like mine does.

Anyhow, just blabbering about my project..

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#9]
Noel, people like you make me so mad, I would like to hit you upside the head with a brick. I work my butt off and still manage to have less artistic talent than a monkey with a can of spray paint. People like you, just throw something together and it looks awesome ;c)

N(Posted 2005) [#10]
Heh, thanks.

Just put that brick down ;)

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#11]
I clicked the button twice! Not my fault. Well, sorta...

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#12]
It looks nice but I'm not too keen on how squishy the insides of each character are, because the antialiasing doesn't look that great, especially for example in the letter G. In the small version it isn't totally comfortable on the eye. If it were a little clearer to read by having bigger internal space in each glyph I'd like it more. Otherwise, looks nice.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#13]
Logo looks nice, I think what makes it is your choice in font, its a mistake that people make a lot, something as simple as picking the right font for the job can really make a logo good.