Oppertunity for free game production quality music

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Oppertunity for free game production quality music

ICECAP(Posted 2005) [#1]
Ok, i am only offering this once, so be in quick...

I am looking for three low poly models of people, one naked man, one naked woman, and one naked child.
(naked because i need to be able to put other traditional dress on them)

If someone can supply me with these GOOD low poly models, skined, then i will write them a whole game soundtrack for free (five songs, however you want them).

It will be a pure exchange, i will write the winner a whole game soundtrack set and the winner supplys me with a good quality, man, woman, and child.

If you want to know the quality of the songs i create then just look up my music posts in current forum section.

If you are interested please post some examples of what you can do or some people you alread have.

I will need the people finnished in approx 2-3 weeks. They will need to be able to be opened by 3dstudio, so they need to be in .max or .3ds

Thanks

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#2]
There's something called "Poser Artist." Only about $100. Is 5 songs worth that? Poser Artist is an automatic person maker. Really cool.

sswift(Posted 2005) [#3]
Unfortunately, most companies that make useful programs/content still think it is in their best interest to severely limit what you can do with said content:

http://www.curiouslabs.com/article/articleview/866/1/429

You cannot distribute the actual mesh data for any models that come with Poser. Even if you modify it so much that it no longer bears any resemblance to the original.

I ran into this problem when looking for 3D models to use in games. Either the site licensing the model doesn't make it clear whether or not you cna distribute the model (Turbosquid) forcing to to assume you can't, or they specifically disallow distribution of the mesh data... even if you encrypt it with a tool like molebox... And even if the models are so low res that it's questionable if they're even useful for games at all at this point. (Geometricks)

There are very few sources for models which you can actually distribute with games. Generally you're gonna be stuck paying an artist to create them.

In short, Poser Artist is worthless for making games unless you intend to render sprites with it.

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#4]
There's something called "Poser Artist." Only about $100. Is 5 songs worth that? Poser Artist is an automatic person maker. Really cool.

It's also against the terms of the license ( IE: illegal ) to distribute the models.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#5]
Oh well.

Someone should make a tool to create humans, and make it so you can actually use the models.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#6]
Doesn't poser models have like 4 billion polys in them too?