Song for my rpg

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Song for my rpg

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#1]
http://www.ontspoord.com/stuff/Fall_WhistleBells.mp3

This still needs a lot of work, but I wanted to know what y'all think about it.

Thanks for listening :)

ICECAP(Posted 2005) [#2]
Now thats quite a catchy tune there.
Nice one.
Whats the name of the RPG and what style is it?
Medievil? Futuristic? Fantasy?

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#3]
Really cool.

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#4]
Fall_x,

Very nice - I like the drum sequence, and the bass line is quite strong, they sit well together.

I would only use the bell at the start, don't have it again later. For me, the bell suggests melancholy/sad Christmas/spaghetti western so I guess it depends on your storyline or where this tune would be used in the game.

It may be they are already in there, I can't tell because of the quality of the mp3, but I'd like to hear some strings in there, and a less electronic flute/whistle.

For an RPG, based on your recent character shots I think the bass, drums and melody are all great, the style fits nicely.

IPete2.

Duckstab[o](Posted 2005) [#5]
yep good basics for a rpg tune want to flatten the bells they are a second melody yet take the front line in the tune soften them and your on a winner :)

Duckstab[o](Posted 2005) [#6]
by the way i would be available to do some playtesting for you if you wish Fall_x

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#7]
Now thats quite a catchy tune there.
Nice one.
Whats the name of the RPG and what style is it?
Medievil? Futuristic? Fantasy?

I have some ideas for the name, but I haven't decided yet. My original idea was "Lucid Reality", because the story kind of revolves around dreams, and if you know what lucid dreaming means, that makes sense... But then I discovered lucidreality.com was already registered, and I would prefer an original name that still has the .com available :)
The style is fantasy.
by the way i would be available to do some playtesting for you if you wish Fall_x
Thanks, but I'm not at a point where I could use playtesters, because it will take at lest one more year to finish. When I do need playtesting, I'll probably open a topic here, so if you're still interested then, just let me know.

Caff(Posted 2005) [#8]
Quite an interesting arrangement, but I reckon just by adding some FX (like reverb) you could make give this more feel. Also it feels like it should be a bit quicker, so try playing with the tempo.

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#9]
I can't really change the tempo, because in the game, the music is mixed with the battle music when you get near an enemy. I have a battle song for 70bpm, 80bpm, 90 bpm, 100 bpm etc, so I can't have songs with a tempo in between those.
Thanks for the comments, and you're right, I still need to add fx.