Human Models

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Human Models

asdfasdf(Posted 2005) [#1]
Does anybody know of good human models? (ex. war soldiers)

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#2]
Make your own?

Or you could search Google.

Also check out these sites:
http://www.3dcafe.com
http://www.psionic3d.co.uk
http://www.turbosquid.com

The last one (Turbo Squid) is the best.

Chad(Posted 2005) [#3]
I'd be willing to do some modelling work for you.. However I do warn that I'm not a "professional" yet. I do skin and model my models, but not animate, that I leave up to you, with whatever program you do. I'll post some screenshots later.

boomboom(Posted 2005) [#4]
There are some solider packs at www.codersworkshop.com

Chad(Posted 2005) [#5]
Here's some renders.. unfortunately you have to click them
as they're hosted by geocites and can't link images..

Only 600 polys for a low poly project.. I can go higher if you want, and I know the skins suck but eh, I was just learening at that point.

I use Milkshape3d and it usually takes me about 2 days of working 4 hours a day for the model. And then about a day and a half, (6 hours) for the skin.

If I could ever get this thing working.. if no link or pictures that show up right click on the box of the image and then go to properties and copy and paste the url into your browser.. Sorry about that.

Techlord(Posted 2005) [#6]
Chad,

Media Packs are a huge demand around here. Keep up the good work.

Chad(Posted 2005) [#7]
Thanks for the compliment Frank, I've been thinking about making a soldiers media pack, but with your compliment it strives me to work harder..

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#8]
Those are horrible.

ErikT(Posted 2005) [#9]
My earlier models looked about the same. Modelling is about practice but what's he supposed to learn from a comment like that?

Chad, you're shaping up but still got some way to go. When I learnt modelling I used to look at the works of others to see how shapes were constructed, where polygons should be distributed to ensure proper deforming during anim etc. www.polycount.com has a crapload of models I studied to improve my skills. Well worth checking out.

And since you're using Milkshape, here's a tutorial both beginning and advanced modellers can benefit from:
http://www.dosfx.com/tutorials/csgirl/default.asp

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#10]
You've really got to study human form. Look how shoulders work, look how hips join body join leg etc etc. My third attempt at a human turned out like this:

This looks better than it actually is as when you try and rig it it's a nightmare.

This is something else you have to take into account, make sure you've got plenty of triangles around the knees, hips and shoulders or you'll get nasty stretching in these areas when you start animating.

Not enough polies:

And speaking of rigging, take a look at a human skeleton, look where the bones are and look where the bones pivot. Make sure you've got bones in all the right places or the model won't move right.

Also something else I learnt from bad rigging was to try and lay out the polies in in groups where you won't get too much cross over, ie, Where the top of the jeans meets the body, make sure you don't have half a poly in the middle of the 2, this way skinning is much easier.

Chad(Posted 2005) [#11]
I guess I just have to keep practicing.. I knew they weren't masterpieces lol..

Rob that girl looks really good! And you made a lot of sense, and some of the stuff I would have never thought about doing. Thanks for your help :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#12]
I agree, the girl looks supercool for 1060 Polygons.

Chad - nice start, of course not perfect yet. use images as a reference for body proportions.

Panno(Posted 2005) [#13]
he rob some parts of the upper body needs mor tris !

the face .. the ....

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#14]
Kate Moss?

last I heard she was human....

BlackD(Posted 2005) [#15]
will this one do? i made it in truespace in about 2 minutes..

I wish.. Aren't computers great? I say.. Bring on the virtual reality goggles!!

+BlackD

cermit(Posted 2005) [#16]
Isn't BlackD one of those guys? what do you call them... oh yes, you call them

hypocrithes : )

Tim(Posted 2005) [#17]
sure you did that in 2 minutes.. i wanna see that
lol

Smurfpuss(Posted 2005) [#18]
I have seen better ones done in 1 min