Need a hand?

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Need a hand?

ErikT(Posted 2005) [#1]
[IMG] [/IMG]

Not the best you ever saw I'm sure, but maybe someone can use it anyhow. One hi-polygon version(on the left) and one low-poly: 642 and 263. The pack contains both models in 3ds, obj and b3d format. Free to use for whatever.

Enjoy :)

http://arcanemagic.com/ErikThon/Hand.rar

cermit(Posted 2005) [#2]
These are better hands than i could model, i find it real hard to model hands.

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#3]
Give the man a big hand.

Thanks.

Caff(Posted 2005) [#4]
Yeah, they look handy.

Danny(Posted 2005) [#5]
Thumbs up!

:)

Shambler(Posted 2005) [#6]
Nice model, give that man a big foot!

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#7]
looks good.

Bouncer(Posted 2005) [#8]
Looks good...

Btw. Eric how's your fighting game progressing? I'm looking forward to that.

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#9]
Ahh! flashbacks of Kenny Everett!!!

Good stuff! Could be useful if anyone's doing a 'addams family' game - that's "Thing" taken care of!

If it could be animated to point and/or 'grab', perhaps a novel 3-D cursor?

Im sure it can be put to good use!

ErikT(Posted 2005) [#10]
Thanks for all the comments people. Hope someone can use it.

Watch the hand at work!:
www.arcanemagic.com/ErikThon/hand_w.jpg

@Bouncer:
I ditched it a while ago. Code got way too messy and cumbersome; Fix one bug and break five things in the process, that kinda thing. So now I'm redoing it in 3D instead :) I might release the 2D version, just have to try to clean it up a little. Maybe throw in the source code too, just to show newbies how *not* to do things.

Anyways, made a small video of it as it is now with Gamecam(gotta love Gamecam). Hope you like :)

www.arcanemagic.com/ErikThon/1.avi

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#11]
About the .avi
That's really good, yknow!

Nice models. Perhaps need some brighter sprites for the impacts. Was that AI or two human players by the way, cos it looked quite smart.

Techlord(Posted 2005) [#12]
Erik Thon,

That is really some quality work. How do you feel about developing Media Packs for games? I would be very interested in purchasing Media Packs with Animated Humanoid Models. I'm sure others are as well.

IMHO Media Packs are in far more demand around here than Apps and Games.

ErikT(Posted 2005) [#13]
Thanks fellas :)

Malice:
The old timer is cpu-controlled. AI's not smart, just ultra-aggro. It tries to get close to the opponent and goes ape whenever it does. Oh, and randomly steps backwards to catch some of the incoming attacks.

Frank:
I've been planning to do one, actually. Just need to find out what people would want to buy first.

Techlord(Posted 2005) [#14]
Erik Thon,

I've personally have been looking for a Human Character Media Packs featuring a Male and Female model. Each model would have your basic Run, Walk, Jump, Climb, Duck, Swim, Crawl Animations.

You could produce several themes like Anime, MuscleBound, Cartoonic. You could develop addons like Armor, and various animations.

aab(Posted 2005) [#15]
Thanks for Sharing: i think its really good.
I can make 3d hands well enough., but when it comes to textures and texturing....