Gun

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Gun

cermit(Posted 2005) [#1]
I've been playing Dawn of War a lot lately so i modeled this gun inspired by the Spacemarine gun from Warhammer 40k.
Although the design is a little different. And I didn't make much texture detail but im pretty happy with it anyways.
I left the trigger out couse i thought it wasn't worth the polys it's gonna cost, im having second thoughts on that one though.

Polycount 110

puki(Posted 2005) [#2]
That's pretty good "cermit".

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#3]
Reminds me of the Worms3D games sort of...
Pretty cool. A lot better than I could do!
And I love the style of it... very cool.

Any 3d artwork is better than mine... :P

cermit(Posted 2005) [#4]
Thanks puki. puki? you're alive! I thought you were lost to the BlitzMax forums forever.

And thanks the duck.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#5]
reminds me of the mini-series of softair guns. mini-micro uzis etc. Nice Job. The texture could be a bit more detailed, especially the frame part. you could use content of a sideview of a real gun to get a metallic look.

cermit(Posted 2005) [#6]
I made this concept drawing on paper of the gun first, it had some more detail but i didn't look much at the concept drawing when i drew the texture wich i probaly should have done. Thanks for the tip JFK, i thought i did pretty good on the metal stuff but it still needs a few touches i guess.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#7]
That looks really cool, although I must ask:
Where is the trigger? ;)

Very good, though, Cermit.

The only model I've ever made was that keypad you prolly saw.

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#8]
The sight post is way too wide to be of any use.

cermit(Posted 2005) [#9]
Steve:
I left the trigger out couse i thought it wasn't worth the polys it's gonna cost, im having second thoughts on that one though.
Do you ever read when there is screenies of guns? ;) Yeah, i saw your keypad model. The uvmap was pretty good.

Wolron, i know. i think it looks good on this gun though.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#10]
There wans't any UV map :P

And, no, sorry, I forgot to read.

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#11]
Don't Shot. I surrender! :D

Nice job!

BlackD(Posted 2005) [#12]
that would be so useless!

- There's no trigger.
- The magazine kinks halfway down at 30 degrees which would constantly jam the loading procedure.
- The grip is very un-ergonomic and would result a difficult grasp and pain for the user - making many shots miss anyway.
- The barrel is too short, meaning the trajectory of the bullet would almost never be in a straight line, but rather spin off on exit.
- The plastic casing would shatter.
- There is no safety, although with no trigger this isn't really an issue, unless the gun is controlled by ESP.
- Looking at the schematics, there's actually NOTHING INSIDE IT - no inner workings or mechanisms - which means its more like a childrens toy you get in a box of cereal..

Oh wait..
it's for a game?
Hey thats cool and cute - i like it. :D

+BlackD

cermit(Posted 2005) [#13]
Wahahaha, you got me there BlackD!
Thanks for your comments and critics

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#14]

- There's no trigger.
- The magazine kinks halfway down at 30 degrees which would constantly jam the loading procedure.
- The grip is very un-ergonomic and would result a difficult grasp and pain for the user - making many shots miss anyway.
- The barrel is too short, meaning the trajectory of the bullet would almost never be in a straight line, but rather spin off on exit.
- The plastic casing would shatter.
- There is no safety, although with no trigger this isn't really an issue, unless the gun is controlled by ESP.
- Looking at the schematics, there's actually NOTHING INSIDE IT - no inner workings or mechanisms - which means its more like a childrens toy you get in a box of cereal..

inspired by the Spacemarine gun from Warhammer 40k

Explains everything!

Oh wait..
it's for a game?
Hey thats cool and cute - i like it. :D

:)

Hahaha!