Website in Firefox - Fixed!

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Website in Firefox - Fixed!

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#1]
OK, after months of hard work, I've finally partially completed the first actual No Enemies template that works with Firefox (at least I think it does). I also changed the color scheme - it's a bit easier on the eyes. And the logo above is a render in Blitz.

Tell me what you think: http://www.noenemies.com

poopla(Posted 2005) [#2]
Looks ok other then the frame use... frames are vomit colored and smell of bad cheese.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#3]
In Firefox? I downloaded Firefox and it doesn't look that way to me.

granada(Posted 2005) [#4]
How i see it in firefox

dave

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#5]
Yeah - I know.

Doesn't look as good as in IE, but it's readable. Not my fault!

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#6]
You've really got to lose the frames, they are terrible.

Doesn't look as good as in IE, but it's readable. Not my fault!
Yes it is. You need to make your website cross browser capable.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#7]
I've tried! And I've tried other things than frames! What else am I supposed to use?

9572AD(Posted 2005) [#8]
I'd ditch the scrolling middle entirely. Your front page shouldn't have enough on it to warrant that. Extra should go into an archive.

If you like the incredibly busy layout you've got, I'd point you to using a PHP template. Makes life easier. Check out http://e107.org for a rather capable templating system.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#9]
I don't have PHP support on my server - I need $98 fast!

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#10]
I don't have PHP support on my server - I need $98 fast!

Is there a connection between those statements? PHP webhosting certainly doesn't need to cost $98.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#11]
$4 per month - but for some reason I have to pay it up front. It's a two-year deal.

Is there a better deal anywhere?

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#12]
I've tried! And I've tried other things than frames! What else am I supposed to use?
Tables?

My site is all tables, works fine in IE, Opera and Firefox. I was going to use CSS but you get browser incompatibilities with that too.

I use 34sp.com, £15 per year, 1 gig transfer per month.

boomboom(Posted 2005) [#13]
woop, i am on 34sp as well. with 2 accounts.

but if i was going to buy again i would probably get

http://www.web-mania.com/cgi-bin/hostshop1.cgi?SESSION_ID=&CUSTOMER_ID=

500MB with 6GB a month, for £20 a year

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#14]
Well, I thought about using tables, and that is what I did the first time, although if I had used tables, and the Navigation bar was somewhat changed, I would have to change many pages, possibly even 100+. But once I can, I'll begin to use the "include()" command, although it is only compatible with PHP.

And I also have to transfer my domain, and I don't live in the UK.

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#15]
"and I don't live in the UK" and this matters why?

I have a beginhtml function and an endhtml function that get included on all the pages on my site that deals with the nav bar and side bar... All of my pages look something like this:
<?php
require_once("include.php");	
Beginhtml();
?>

// specific page stuff

<?php
EndHtml();
?>

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#16]
Yes - although I'm waiting on PHP servers.

And the reason my location matters is because I was thinking the company may not accept USD.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#17]
I'm working on a PHP-compatible website now.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2005) [#18]
can use use .ssi on your webspace.. if so use that for your menu bar then you can lose the frames, cus the menu would be stored in a single file, which you simply point to on every page. Also it seems to be designed for 1024x768 resolutions... i would suggest making for 800x600 and upwards.. view in 800x600 means a user has to scrolling horizontaly.. thats a big no no.