Car Model

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Car Model

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#1]
Based on an Audi A2 (ish)... decided to send it into the future a bit!

Still got to do some more internal detail (like the driver) and finish up the detail on the texture.

The body and internal detail is textured with a 512x512 texture and stands at 1256 triangles. The wheels are a 256x256 texture with bags of space for other stuff and are 210 triangles each. So for the whole car you're talking 2096 triangles.

The first set of screenshots are direct from blitz.
[img
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rob.farley/milkshape/screenshot.jpg]

granada(Posted 2005) [#2]
i like,maybe you could stretch it little bit !

dave

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yeah. I looks too short in the renders, although it looks good in the wireframe screenshot.

Matty(Posted 2005) [#4]
Very nice model. (Wish I could model like that).

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#5]
I like the stumpy feel of it! And off road short wheel base is always a winner!

Still got to play with the UVs so I get more detail on the lights and stuff also got to squeeze in room for the driver too.

And while we're about it does anyone know how to change only one texture if your model has more than one? ie, I've got 2 surfaces and want to entitytexture model,texture,"material name"?

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#6]
looks cute!

Caff(Posted 2005) [#7]
Yeah stumpy looks good, looks a bit like a Micro Machine! Gives it a very nippy feel. (I said nippy!)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#8]
looks like when you lock up a hummer and a ferrari over night, this would be the result.

the chassis is very nice, i like it's width, but the high ground-distance looks very uncommon, offroader-ish. Well, in fact it isn't standing on a road.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#9]
I like the stumpy look. Wheels are cool but I'm not sure such lo-profile tyres are suited to off-roading. :)

And while we're about it does anyone know how to change only one texture if your model has more than one? ie, I've got 2 surfaces and want to entitytexture model,texture,"material name"?

Create a brush, assign it the texture and then PaintSurface, should do it.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#10]
when you want to load the mesh with loadanimmesh, you can recognize surfaces by the entityname, When you want to use LoadMesh, you can identify the surfaces by tracking down used textures as described in the SaveB3D example in the code archives (mesh section), and then simply overpaint the surfaces with a new brush, as big10p said. BTW this way you can also edit all Brush Properties (eg. blending mode etc. easily).

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#11]
I'll have a play with that at some point, I want to dynamically create the car textures so colour, decals, numbers etc get stamped on at the beginning of a race. The problem is that the glass is one surface and the bodywork is another, so hopefully this findsurface and brush stuff should sort the problem.

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#12]
Nice model! Maybe bit too tight front wheel wells but who cares :)

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#13]
looks nice , but the smoothing groups look a little weird in places

Tracer(Posted 2005) [#14]
Nice model.. but it looks like a hovercar with wheels.. but, it's unique.

Tracer

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#15]
I wanna see what it looks like when it blows up.

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#16]

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#17]
YAY!

How many polys did that take? :P