2d/3d Artist seeks coder to make games to sell

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/2d/3d Artist seeks coder to make games to sell

Bucky(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hello

I am a 2d/3d games artist with 5 years industry experience looking for a programmer to make games to sell. Here are some samples of my art-

http://home.bigblue.net.au/marc_buckingham/

If you wish to know more about me and what I am looking for then continue reading below the images –

Obviously you can see what my style is like, so if my style is something you would like to work worth then please get in contact with me.

marc_buckingham@...

I would like the coder I team up with to have at least one game under their belt. Doesn’t have to be a published game, just a finished one.

Q: Why am I posting this on the Blitz Basic site when I can get job at a games company.

A: I am currently looking for fulltime work back in Oz in the games industry and sure I will find it, but ultimately I would like to have more creative control over the games I work on. The only way to do it is go “Indie”.

I tried to learn coding but I can’t get past an “array”! So I vowed when I got back to Oz I would try and hook up with a programmer and make some games.

Plus what you guys are doing with Blitz is amazing.

Hope to hear from some of you soon,

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#2]
I would like to have more creative control over the games I work on.
But what type of games are you interested in doing? cartoonish? 2D?, 2-1/2D?

Looks like you've done Flash games in the past.

Although I might be interested in working with an artist with your talent, I don't know if we would be interested in creating the same types of games...

Please list what types of games you are interested in making.

Bucky(Posted 2004) [#3]
- Please list what types of games you are interested in making -

3d Shoot em up - where you control vehicles and shoot others would be ideal.

FPS or 3D platformer - I could make the levels and texture them - I could design the characters but I am not a chracter animator ( yet ) -I am sure someone could be found to do that.

2D side scroller - aren't my passion, but I could be persuaded.

Hows that?

Tangent(Posted 2004) [#4]
Where are you located?
Studio I work at might be looking for people in the near future, depending on contracts.

We use Unreal, however, which beleive it or not, is a serious pain in the rear. I find I prefer building in blitz, for the sake that I can build it all in max and export it directly.

maximo(Posted 2004) [#5]
Hi Bucky

I'm wondering if you can you produce more realistic looking textures? If you can do you have examples of that? I have a project that perhaps might interest you and it wouldn't require loads of work.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#6]
I'm doing a sci-fi shooter placed in 2025. If you are interested in doing work for that, wonderful.

E-mail me: steven@...

Bucky(Posted 2004) [#7]
I'm wondering if you can you produce more realistic looking textures?

Yes I can do more realistic textures but I don't have examples. Its on my to do list . For the last five years on working 3D cartoony platformers, so my work on realistic stuff will be slower as I get back up to speed.

Bucky(Posted 2004) [#8]
Hmm - maybe I should repost and be more specific what on what I can and can't do and what I am offering - I will probably repost a modified version of this thread guys

Cheers Bucky

maximo(Posted 2004) [#9]
I sent you an email :) Lemme know if you get it :)

Caff(Posted 2004) [#10]
There is some seriously good stuff in that portfolio, I hope you get some serious offers.

Ion-Storm(Posted 2004) [#11]
Agreed, good qaulity ART, but how well it could be translated into Game media is the trick.

Ion.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#12]
Actually - Bucky - I remember my previous game - it was extremely cartoony - not 3D, but cartoony - it was a Space Invaders clone where everything was smiley faces. It was called "Smiley Shooter."

Bucky(Posted 2004) [#13]
Cheers for the nice comments guys :> If you know anyone who woudl be intrested in my skills please pass my info from the top onto them.

maximo(Posted 2004) [#14]
I'm interested :) check your email again ;)