High-Quality Weapon Packs

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/High-Quality Weapon Packs

Tyler(Posted 2004) [#1]
I'm making some high-quality low-poly weapon packs and I was wondering if anyone here would be interested. They're coming up in installations, and only cost $2.50 per pack. Each pack comes with 5 textured models, with around 100-200 polys each.

http://www.togamario.com/pack.html

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#2]
Nice looking weapons!

IPete2.

Zethrax(Posted 2004) [#3]
I'd be interested in some modern and sci-fi gun packs.

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#4]
I would be as well!

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#5]
Yes - modern would be wonderful

MP5s, Gernade Launchers, etc.

Chad(Posted 2004) [#6]
What models I need more than anything are human models, they usually take me 3-4 hours a piece to model, and I could be spending that time doing other things.

-Maybe something to look into? I would of course pay more than just simply $2.50

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#7]
Very nice weapons there.. Most people are gonna be looking for guns though.

For a pro modeller, animated humans usually take longer than that and cost in the hundreds of dollars (for a custom, personal job). I'd suggest looking into having someone do one for you, I know bloodlocust does jobs, Bob3d might, prolly others.

TroM(Posted 2004) [#8]
nice stuff!

I would pay for some more medieval weapons, axes, bows, longsword, maces, etc...

Tyler(Posted 2004) [#9]
Axes being added tonight, thanks guys. I'll consider a modern weapons pack, might have to price them higher, as they may take more time to complete. I have Short Swords and Long Swords already up. Axes are almost done. Bows, Maces, Great Swords, Great Axes, Scimitars, Scythes, Daggers, Hammers, and others are being added eventually.

Tyler(Posted 2004) [#10]
Axes added, Bows are next, then daggers. Thank you for the comments everyone, they're inspiring!

Tyler(Posted 2004) [#11]
Ok, bows added. How they look?

Tyler(Posted 2004) [#12]
Daggers added tonight.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#13]
Make a mixed pack, with one of each.

Tyler(Posted 2004) [#14]
there's gonna be a pack of 100 for a slightly discounted price, but I have no clue when.

Tyler(Posted 2004) [#15]
Staves added tonight.

Conan(Posted 2004) [#16]
I think it's a cool thing, i might be gettin the sword pack...

Tyler(Posted 2004) [#17]
Of course, I encourage it, lol. The pack includes 5 .X, .B3D, and .JPG files. Not to mention they're only $2.50 (I do consider them to be of a higher quality than $2.50 ... but I like the community)

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#18]
Tyler - this is a bit off-topic, but what does your sig mean? It makes no sense.

Tyler(Posted 2004) [#19]
The alphabet normally goes N, O, P, Q, R, S, T. At the end of letter, people write P.S. skipping Q and R. LoL.

Tyler(Posted 2004) [#20]
Ok, got maces and spears up.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#21]
I get it. hehaheha.

Tyler(Posted 2004) [#22]
Ok, the 50 count Weapon Pack is now available for purchase ($20). I had to truncate the original number because I'm just plain tired of modelling weapons. I want to start on an items and props pack. Thanks for all your support guys. I appreciate it.

http://www.togamario.com/pack.html

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#23]
$20 for a 50-pack bundle of weapons is great... not to mention the quality is very useable.. I'm in the middle of a mid-eval type game atm and will most defiently be looking into this pack ( save tranz a few weeks of work! )... Just wanted to say thanks for releasing this pack.

Tyler(Posted 2004) [#24]
no problem, thank you for considering it :D It comes with 50 .X files/50 .B3D files and the 50 texture files (512x512 jpgs) The downloadable zip is about 9 MB.

Tyler(Posted 2004) [#25]
Here's a pic of all of them rendered together, seperate ones can be viewed on my site.

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#26]
No takers? LoL, Any suggestions on what I could do to make this sell? Anyone?

Conan(Posted 2005) [#27]
Hey, i don't really need any of em right now... but i think maybe you should do a free picking pack, like say, any 10 weapons for 10$ or watever and you can just say: "i want this long sword, that axe..."

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#28]
You'll make money off of guns, I'm telling you....

GfK(Posted 2005) [#29]
Any suggestions on what I could do to make this sell? Anyone?
Yes. Make some character models to go with them. Elves, barbarians, that kind of thing. Swords and axes are not the most difficult things in the world to model - its characters that most people would have a problem with.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#30]
True dat.... :P

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#31]
The reason I haven't done a character pack is because I KNOW people won't buy it. It wouldn't be a quality issue, you just couldn't afford it, lol. One character would run 25 bucks, that's not animated or textured. Textured properly, 50 bucks. Animated .. well into 100's. With the exception of extremely low poly (500 or less) characters and short animation lists.

RifRaf(Posted 2005) [#32]
Tyler, are you sure. Your pricing seems accurate for custom work, but if each character you make can be resold by you to the masses. Perhaps you could try making one or two and selling for a bit less. To see how it goes.

perhaps a textured unanimated char could run $10.00 - $20.00
then maybe you could sell custom animation work on the models you already have made available for X amount per Anim.

I would buy chars from you, and I would pay $5.00 anim.. and surely after a bit of this, if you sell them youll get a large stockpile of animations built up for the characters you have made, then custom animation sets will just be a matter of pasting what animations the buyer wanrts into his file.

just a though.

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#33]
Hmm, you have a good point. What kind of characters would the community be interested in most, you suppose?

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#34]
No answers, lol, it's been a month!

Chad(Posted 2005) [#35]
Sorry Tyler,

Realistic figures would be great. I've been playing with humans lately but still need more work with it. Different types of realistic humans. Adults, teens, children, women, etc etc with easy uv templates to skin their own skins and blah blah blah. Just some ideas I 'd be interested in.

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#36]
:) Not a problem, thank you for replying and I'm assuming you mean "nude" base models (no real detail, just a clean slate for whatever people want to add?)

c5ven(Posted 2005) [#37]
simple question: how do limit (not prevent) the piracy of your work? i see these kinds of models (chairs, tables, accessories, etc) getting openly shared on architecture forums. used in high-priced firms getting paid for CG renderings and walk-thru's. expect them to show up in games too. elsewhere. i'm going down the actual product path (making toys) bc of the piracy issue in this route. interested in your thoughts.

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#38]
Well, i'm distributing to close communities, through my own webspace. That's all that I can do. However, I can sue the piss out of whoever uses it without my permission, lol. You do NOT have to have an official copyright on your work to claim ownership of rights. It might make it easier to prove, but seeing as how I've got every single raw model file on this puter (including layered photoshop textures), I don't think anyone would argue against it. I have given some people co-rights to my art work, instead of a single license (Rifraf has some of my models for MapCrafter)

So, you see, stopping piracy is quite impossible. But I get a whole lot more money if they go about it that way. Damages and all :) Sufferage. ::cough cough::

c5ven(Posted 2005) [#39]
i assume you don't concern yourself with foreign piracy. lawsuit and lawyers arent cheap. big thread now on CGTalk. couple actually. mostly about 3D renders getting stolen. but applies to 3D files.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=206764

Tyler(Posted 2005) [#40]
If I were a major corporation, I'd be really concerned. But since I'm not worried about selling and losing millions of sales due to millions of @sshats ...

I'm not that popular ... yet :D

Chad(Posted 2005) [#41]
Talking about the humans above, they don't necessarily
have to be naked.. I am planning on putting clothes on
them lol..

Tyler;
Check your email

c5ven(Posted 2005) [#42]
good attitude.