Normal mapped texture thingy

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Normal mapped texture thingy

N(Posted 2004) [#1]
Normal mapping is fun.

No, I won't give you the texture ¬_¬

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#2]
Looks pretty.

Noel, I apprecaite you're a busy guy, however, any chance of knocking up a few tiles for alien breed? They're only 32 x 32 tiles so they should only take you around 14 seconds per tile :) Of course you can make up some groups of tiles to make bigger ones. I'll just be nice to have some new tiles in there. Apologies for the thread hijack :/

N(Posted 2004) [#3]
I'll take a look at'em later, gonna go devour some turkey souls.

N(Posted 2004) [#4]

This shot wasn't taken in Blitz, and if anyone happens to notice, yes, this is one of the textures I did for my Tenebrae texture pack (no longer online).

ICECAP(Posted 2004) [#5]
Do you have any source for that last picture. I am really interested in the effects that you can pull off with normal mapping but would have absolutly no way of going about doing it. :)

Bloody nice samples by the way.

N(Posted 2004) [#6]

Was going to make it into some little automated system, but I never got around to it. So it's just a little framework for testing things in.

N(Posted 2004) [#7]
This one is in Blitz3D.

This is an old model of mine that I've tested in various engines and editors. Orb, Doom 3, etc. rendered it fine, popped it into halo's framework and it turned into a mass of ugly. I've fixed that by writing my own code that didn't mess it up entirely.

This is the result.. (normals around the ear are ugly 'cause of a lack of polygons to smooth the normals)

Oh, and there are specular reflections, but the flesh has none at the moment.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#8]
Cool effect. whenever I tried Normalmapping or Bumpmapping, it completely ignored the lights direction :/ But this looks good.