Yhaerok

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Yhaerok

aab(Posted 2004) [#1]
Latest Monster From my fps:

Made completely in Anim8or

Matty(Posted 2004) [#2]
I like it

GfK(Posted 2004) [#3]
He doesn't look very.... versatile? Arms growing out the side of his head? Two knees on each leg? Not sold, tbh... its a little too bizarre, and not very scary, really.

Idaho Razor(Posted 2004) [#4]
I don't see anything wrong with the design *i disagree with GfK* but the textures of the face/body (purple part) needs to be re-done IMO.

skn3(Posted 2004) [#5]
I think the purple spoils it. I semi agree with gfk, it looks very bizare, but not scary. It is modelled and textured well though.

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#6]
it has something....

I think it has humour: a monster desperately trying to look evil, but he is laughable because he cannot control his gun-arms which are mounted too high.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#7]
Nice Work. The legs need a bigger angle, unless you want a kind of X-Legs look. And yes, the purple isn't scary and ulgy enough. I'd rather like to see Skin, Muscles, Fur etc.

You may get some inspirations from unreal engine 3 monsters:
http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html/technology/ue30.shtml

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#8]
Looks like a final fantasy 7 enemy!

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#9]
The only glaringly faux-pas, move the arms down to meet his shoulders!

Double knee? No I think it looks like an animals hind legs, nothing wrong with that.

You model 1000 better than me so ignore the above ;)

aab(Posted 2004) [#10]
Thanks,
yeah, the purple should have a skinlike texture to it, but i was trying to achieve something more like a matted plasticy flesh.
Having it arms there are part of its wierdness: its not really meant to be scary on its own: more mysterious: it should be scary though when it comes charging around the corner at you with dual wielded shotguns. Its more of a Beast of Power than Versatility. Saying that, i came up with the design when i was ten, so some revision wouldnt hurt....

elseano(Posted 2004) [#11]
The quality of the model and the texture is really really good, but, as you said, changing the design might be a good idea...

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#12]
I agree with Gfk on the arms-from-head thing, but double-knee legs like that are pretty standard for images of fantasy humanoid creatures. Good texturing on the metal parts.

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#13]
you could have the arms mounted on the back thingie? That'd look maybe more realistic and balanced.

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#14]
I like it. The purple could work if you make it more like the color of a black eye, darker and more blood veins.
I like the arms coming from the head also, think about it.
If he looks at ya he's already in position to grab ya.
However I think it is the transition from the head to the arms should be changed to mussles so it looks natural.
At leggs I think, you could improve it a little by making his buttox look a litle more like a tyronisorous rex, and less human like. I just meen theye need to be a little fatter (is that a word?), from the side veiw.
Keap that basic design, its truly one of a kind!

aab(Posted 2004) [#15]
Nice Ideas RiverRatt, ill definately be taking some of them onboard before i animate: mainly the spine and leg structures curving over and the Dark skin