Two (huge) tunes by one of our team musicians

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Two (huge) tunes by one of our team musicians

Tracer(Posted 2004) [#1]
Two MP3's by one of the musicians of the team i am in.

Daybreak (7.5mb)

Alone (10mb)

Both are trance style.

These tunes are (c), so not free to use!

Tracer

Caff(Posted 2004) [#2]
Daybreak - could use some beat variation / fills near the end of sections.

Alone - in the first half of the track, some of the synths in could do with some stronger attack, the beat is strong but the synths occasionally sound lost behind it. When it gets going in the second half of the track, it's pretty good.

Nice trance samples there, what kind of sampler / sample banks / generators does he he/she use?

Pete Rigz(Posted 2004) [#3]
I'm a big fan of trance music, I'm usually plugged in di.fm most of the time and these tunes wouldn't sound out of place on there at all. Decent stuff :)

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#4]
I'm not sure, but i think the chick saying "enjoy" or something in the Alone mix is a sample from a Sasha remix of Depeche Mode. Wouldn't that make it a bootleg?

They're both good tho but, could use some the eq adjusted a bit in the low and mids.

morduun(Posted 2004) [#5]
If a musicologist can recognize a sample, then either (A) royalties need to be paid, or (B) court costs do ;) It happens a lot in commercial music; often the sample is modified enough that it can't be recognized, but I happen to know a couple of folks who make a fine living identifying copyrighted samples, tracking down the violators and extracting substantial royalty fees from them. Sometimes it takes years -- but believe me, that doesn't stop the lawsuits.

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#6]
I remember something about some guy who made quite a bit of publicity for himself by outright and blatantlt ripping samples in his music.

Then again Nirvana did quite a bit of sample ripping w/o paying they just mangled the samples.

I was working a couple of years ago on making a small repeating signature in the songs themselves that wouldn't be heard but, could be used to prove copyrights.

I never released the finished product (i'm not evil) but, it's doable enuff.

Then again I've been guilty of way more than my fair share of bootleg mixes.

;)

;)