Rocky 5 WaterColor

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Rocky 5 WaterColor

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#1]
Here's an original watercolor mine of a Rocky Tribute.
This is before any editing so, if you wanna do anything to spiff it up, feel free and don't forget to repost!!

P.S. The splatter came from an unexpected dropped ink bottle.

click here to download

JustLuke(Posted 2004) [#2]
Not bad, but it looks a little like he's either in pain or retarded. Which is a probably a good thing because it pretty much describes Rocky Balboa.

I love all the Rocky movies except for Rocky V which was unforgivably lame.

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#3]
I like your style CodeD, because you just don't stop!! You're going to get better and better that's for sure!!

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#4]
Rocky is both in pain and retarded.

nice job!

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#5]
Looks like you messed up on the right eye there....but otherwise, great painting!

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#6]
A little photoshopping will refine it, and maybe take away the ink spots with some time, altho they aren't so bad.
thanks for the feedback!

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#7]
@Digital Fortress: he was in a fight...so he messed up his own eye?

skn3(Posted 2004) [#8]
Id suggest that you try and remove some of the pencil lines under the paint, it makes it look a bit scrufy.

Owl(Posted 2004) [#9]
Hey your on the right track. I can give you a tip on water colours if you want. If you want to punch out/sculpt the form, you should use mix some complimentary colour into the main colours to create the darker hues. Don't use black. For example, on his glove, to sculpt the shape with the shadowed area, mix a touch of blue into the same red and apply that as the shadow. Don't do it to this one though, it will get muddy. Same rule applies for all your colours.

Bob3d(Posted 2004) [#10]
I think I saw it already in Elysiun ... ;)

(maybe it was another rocky watercolor)

Certainly, watercolor painting is a very relaxing activity...gotta get back to that also some day...