Improvement Suggestions?

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Improvement Suggestions?

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#1]
NOTE: This is not my model, I'm just making a few changes to the model and texture to make it more like what a friend wanted. He found it on the net somewhere, and asked me to modify it for him. He assures me it's free to use, so I hope I'm not peeing off the author.

The original model was much thinner, and the texture was much paler with no glowing eyes. I'm basically going for a KillZone-style marine ( because that's what he wants ) and although I don't want to spend much more time on it, I would like to do a decent job of it. Human modelling is not really my thing, so any tips to improve it would be appreciated.

skn3(Posted 2004) [#2]
The shoulders are way to low, and his head seems a tad too small. His profile shot, makes his body look to flat. IE he has no arse, and the head-to-toe is almost the same width.

Bob3d(Posted 2004) [#3]
maybe chest and back bulged a bit, plus arseż? ...to avoid that.

if wanna make him stronger, bulge under the arms, not only the shoulders.Make em more peaky. Too fat, not well formed shoulders. don't make em so round. and low.Maybe hand-wrist too big...
strecht his belt, hips area....make him more slim, and empower the whole torso.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#4]
Thanks guys, solid suggestions there. I'll see what I can do.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#5]
The chest is tiny, he's got the broad shoulders and no chest, it just looks wrong, scale the chest in the x axis

.rIKmAN.(Posted 2004) [#6]
Where did he find the model?
and lol @ bob3d using "arse" :)

Bob3d(Posted 2004) [#7]
hehe

english is not my language, so I adopt any word being used in each context XD

.rIKmAN.(Posted 2004) [#8]
So where did the model come from origianlly?

Tracer(Posted 2004) [#9]
a Scooby Doo episode! Looks _exactly_ like one of the 'monsters' in that series.

Tracer

.rIKmAN.(Posted 2004) [#10]
Looks like the model from Character Shop to me...

Diablo(Posted 2004) [#11]
i suggest you get rid of the blue lines ;>

Diablo(Posted 2004) [#12]
to me it looks like the guy of kill zone

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#13]
Rik, sorry I have no idea where he got it from. I'll ask him, but I wouldn't count on an answer as he's not particularly organised. I got it from him in email but if he happens to have the page bookmarked ( unlikely ) or remembers the site ( a little more likely ) I'll let you know.

I'm guessing Halo would be all over me if it was the model from Character Shop, and I cannot possibly imagine that my friend would have downloaded Character Shop anyway, since he generally gets me to do anything model-related for him ( talk about the blind leading the blind. )

Tracer, lol, it does, doesn't it? I didn't notice until you said anything, but I know what you mean now.

.rIKmAN.(Posted 2004) [#14]
Syb: was insinuating anythin mate :)

Hope he remembers, havin good placeholder graphics inspires you to code, rather than using cibes() and spheres().

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#15]

The chest is tiny, he's got the broad shoulders and no chest, it just looks wrong, scale the chest in the x axis

Yeah, that would be my only point to note... other than the chest/shoulders (thickness of the biceps) ratio, I think it's pretty darn good!

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#16]
He says he found it on the GarageGame forum, Rik. He didn't keep a bookmark, as I suspected, but he says he's sure that's where he found it.

Regular K(Posted 2004) [#17]
Id get rid of that possible hour glass shape. How his stomach goes in then it goes out at his chest, looks tooo GIRLISH :P

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#18]
His hips are huge, and his chest is thin - but it is a great model. I end up with a blob of messed up faces when I try to model a human.

Regular K(Posted 2004) [#19]
That reminds me of a winter type of Combine soldier from Half-Life 2 :)

I would really love to see that model in action! It seems like a grunt enemy soldier that comes in large group.

OH! No! Its from James Bond: Goldeneye! OMFG! THATS A WINTER SODLIER FROM IT! well, now i think about it, not really...

ill stfu