Little Degu

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Little Degu

CyBeRGoth(Posted 2004) [#1]
Here is the main character for my upcoming game DeguDegu (he is a degu btw :)

Still a work in progress, he has no hair yet!

Standing at 812 Polys and 1 Surface at the moment

And lastly how he appears 'in-game'

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#2]
looking cool

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#3]
just the cute lil things i like to bash flat with a baseball bat...

... don't ask me why,

is dat a bad thing... :)

seriously CG, he looks pretty cool... while not being as complex as one of the characters from half life, it takes a real talent to make these sorta characters come to life...

nice stuff.

--Mike

skn3(Posted 2004) [#4]
Haha very cool, I don't like the nose though. It looks way to flat.

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#5]
nice simple mesh

Ice9(Posted 2004) [#6]
I like it

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#7]
Reminds me of the power puff girls

Very cute!

It seems very high poly though considering the head isn't that smooth, the feet are very smooth though so personally I'd sacrifice some polys from the feet and put them on the head that way you'll get a much smoother silhouette.

CyBeRGoth(Posted 2004) [#8]
Thanks for the critique guys.

Yeah maybe putting more emphasis on his head is an idea Rob, but as you can see from the image below when he is ingame he looks pretty smooth, maybe its because you are at a constant distance from him and never get too close, but it is something i will work on, especially for cutscenes and stuff.

I might pop out his nose a bit too.

And Mike i doubt you could hit him with a baseball bat, he moves pretty fast! ;)

Bob3d(Posted 2004) [#9]
haha...much fun character

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#10]
Looking good. He needs something on his head though, as it's too large an expanse of solid color at the moment. What you might want to consider is having a face area around the eyes nose and mouth which is a paler shade of blue, kinda like you've done on his tummy. It would work wonders for breaking up the solid block of color.

Can't really find any faults other than that. Good stuff.

9572AD(Posted 2004) [#11]
Those blocks, while all very basic patterns which probably can't/shouldn't be able to be copyrighted, happen to be in the exact same color/shape layout as the blocks in Tetris Attack. Maybe make the triangles green and the diamonds cyan and the circles purple, or something? :)

CyBeRGoth(Posted 2004) [#12]
Are they?
Ill have to look into that but they are easily changed if so, I have about 8 sets of blocks so far, star signs, dice, cards etc :)

Edit
----
Hey you are right
http://www.juegomania.org/snes/2294
I must have played that game as a kid because I do remember it now, easy enough to change the colour of my tiles :)

Panno(Posted 2004) [#13]
lol
i love it
i dont think the block pattern are copyrighted because its a "simple" allday`S gfx .i mean most games used stars and diamand

degu need no hairs
ok 1 or 2 maybe

CyBeRGoth(Posted 2004) [#14]

Furry Degu :P

skn3(Posted 2004) [#15]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA quality XD, looks like he has an afro

Panno(Posted 2004) [#16]
omg it looks like me

skn3(Posted 2004) [#17]
A quick idea, Im sure it is early on in your level design, but I bet it would look tons better if you made the sides of the floor tiles different to the top.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#18]
I love the art direction of those screenshots. The texturing is perfect for a cartoon character, and the textures on the floor tiles really pop.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#19]
Timmy I didnt think you were taking that project any further, its a project iv been tinkering with since you showed me that first early bit code, but now that I know you have been working on it I will just drop the project.

the little main character looks class m8, cant wait to see the end result.

Are the rules the same ? or have you mixed it up at all.