Pixel Art for a Game

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Pixel Art for a Game

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#1]
Yep, I'm working on a puzzle action game, inspired by lolo it will be a partially block puzzle game but, with a few twists. Such as multiple spells (theme is fire, water, earth, air) being able to effect enviroment, blocks, and enemies in different ways.

Here is the main character. Can ya see him?? I think I made him too tiny. Psst, he's not quite yet done.

If anyone wants to contribute graphics or ideas, etc. to the project feel free, credits will be given. I'm working with 50 * 50 pixel gfx for tiles, blocks, characters, enemies, etc.

elseano(Posted 2004) [#2]
Seems a bit blurry, and a bit...blocky. Unless that's what the style is, of course ;)

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#3]
yeah, it is. what you call 'blurry' i call 'shading' ;)

koekjesbaby(Posted 2004) [#4]
http://tsugumo.swoo.net/tutorial/ is a very good tutorial on pixel art, it may teach you some thing to make your sprites look sharper.

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#5]
Ah, no kiddin' that's the same Tsugumo that used to make a lot of great stuff for QuickBasic like the mini-rpg series.
I haven't heard from him in a long time. Thanks for the tip!!

ICECAP(Posted 2004) [#6]
I have loads of 32x32 pixel artwork of dungons, houses, insides of houses etc... if you want to cut down some of the work :)

They are royalty free. I never got round to using them...

Let me know if your interested.

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#7]
Yeah, sure IceCap, honestly I'm not as great an (digital) artist as I'd like to claim I am. I'd just like to have something to work with to get the game's framework down!!
Email me!! Thanks.