2 Spaceships.

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/2 Spaceships.

GameCoder(Posted 2004) [#1]
My first spaceships using truespace 6.6.

Download :

http://www.kamikazekrow.com/storage/Ships.zip

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#2]
Those look very interesting :)

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#3]
The fist one is good that you're going down the "it's in space and it's a vacuum so who needs aerodynamics" route. The second one is very ordinary and the texture scaling is different over the body.

I would suggest thinking about how these are supposed to work and what the components actually do, this way you tend to create something that has a reason.

In the first one I have no idea what any of the bits do, the ring? The turned up bit in the middle of it? The wing thing on the outside? And the arial on the back?

If you think about it as, for example, this is a cargo vessel. It needs engines, a bridge, a cargo hold, work these components and your design into them. Does it need weapons? If so add these in. Does it land in atmosphere, if so it'll probably need wings and landing gear of sorts. etc etc.

You get the idea.

Also, inspiration for space ships can be found in many many places, lighting catalogues are usually really good for space ship designs for some reason, they seem to be really intersting shapes.

GameCoder(Posted 2004) [#4]
Thx for the replies guys. They are afterall my first space ships and I didnt think too much on the design. I'll keep practicing though.

Thanks again :)

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#5]
I like your comments on realism, I can see how this could help heck I would go model one if I was any good, heck I'll try any ways!