Free Texture

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Free Texture

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#1]
I Made this last night. I like it. It's tilable, It's
3d looken, it has no filters, its my best so far and its
free!

Just do one thing for me, tell me what you think.
Here is the link.
http://hometown.aol.com/djerrymcclure/myhomepage/profile.html

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#2]
Love it.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#3]
Not bad. IMHO it still needs some dirt and noise. Currently it's looking kind of syntetic.

koekjesbaby(Posted 2004) [#4]
my honest opinion/advise:
* it does not tile. for example: the horizontal bar is gray on one side and brown on the other which causes a very sharp edge. an easy way to check if the texture tiles is use the offset filter.
* not using filters is a very, very good thing, but painting eveything by hand in photoshop requires a lot of skill and loads of experience. try starting (or sticking with) photo material and references.
* stacking beveled rectangles for sci-fi textures is way too 1999...
* if you want to give away a free texture, please make sure that the compression artefacts are reduced to a minimum (i.e. use the higest quality setting).

i'm sorry if i sound rude, i just want to give you some decent advice.

good luck!

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#5]
>>i'm sorry if i sound rude, i just want to give you some decent advice.<<
Hey if I did not want an honesty I would ask my mother.

>>* it does not tile. for example: the horizontal bar is gray on one side and brown on the other which causes a very sharp edge. an easy way to check if the texture tiles is use the offset filter. <<
Thanks I guess I missed that pipe.

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#6]
Bit bland IMO, needs more detail like grit & grime... also the light direction is not 100% constant and there's too many sharp 90 deg angles... also it looks bit non-functional, some bits look like they have been just added there but don't have real function. Maybe too many layers on top of each other (without any shadows etc)... bit too "busy", there's no "emtpy" areas at all.