Album Cover #1 for Amiga Tribute

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Album Cover #1 for Amiga Tribute

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#1]
For the upcoming compilation I'm putting together here is some album art I put together (babe by FrogDot)

Proceeds from the album (with a small portion going to cover production costs) will be donated to Children in Need charities.

ICE QUEEN cover (in time for christmas)

RifRaf(Posted 2004) [#2]
dont get the naked woman / c64 relationship there :)

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#3]
Naked babes were and still are a large staple of the old school demo scene.

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#4]
A WIP of the demo included on the CD.

features:
sin scroll
moving & respawning ice flakes (variable speed)
modplay

nothing special just kinda cool.

Bob3d(Posted 2004) [#5]
graphically, i allways admired those machines...but never had one in my hands...Amiga 2000, I think last one was 4000....

Nice colors..the woman seems well done.

For some reason...the 2 Amiga people I have known in "real" life, were able to code, do music and graphics...and really well...

Deluxe Paint, Tv paint (Aura 2 now), Lightwave...4 processors in a computer ...wow...

The amiga demos, music and games used to be really good. And there's still ppl from then, so I'd expect good thing from that album.

I should have had a c64, and not an spectrum...

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#6]
Oh god yes, you shouldv'e had a C64. They were awesome.
Except for some reason C128 was a letdown.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#7]
I should have had a c64, and not an spectrum...

:O

Ion-Storm(Posted 2004) [#8]
I had AMig'a, the AMiga I loved, she was Biege and sexy.!
A500 of course anything else was BIG BOX bragging.
Fat Agnus. BOB's, Copper.

Anyone everybeen to a big Demo parties.?

I used to go to a lot in the 90's

Ion.

Nick Igoe(Posted 2004) [#9]
RifRaf: Amiga means a femail friend in spanish, though I admit i havnt seen many of my femail "friends" naked though I did see my old Amiga naked when I installed an extra 1 mg of ram. I still use it now from time to time.

Anthony Flack(Posted 2004) [#10]

I still use it now from time to time.

The mental image of your Amiga naked?

Nick Igoe(Posted 2004) [#11]
think: with out case

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#12]
Amiga was definitely a technological breakthru.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#13]
(with a small portion going to cover production costs)
What exactly are your production costs? Given that your blitz code is going to be something like:

music = playmusic(track$):repeat:until channelplaying music = false:next track please.

And that you didn't actually write any of the music, and you got the title picture from somewhere else?

I'm very curious.

Don't get me wrong; Children In Need is a very good charity. I have personally benefited from this charity, so to see someone potentially milking money using the Children in Need name seems to be despicable behaviour to me.

Usually charity work is done for free, hence it being charity, selfless work. Maybe I've misunderstood what charity means.

Bremer(Posted 2004) [#14]
Did you make the music your self, or are those tunes from others made during the Amiga period. If they are others work, then did you require the rights to republish them against payment?

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#15]
I have gotten permission from artists and am working on getting permission from more for this project to use their works. Of course, in the mod community this can be very hard to track down some of these people. It's not my intention to take credit for any of these people's works.

As for your question about production costs. Let me clarify that the demo itself is not being sold. That would be stupid. That is just an extra to showcase the CD.
And to further clarify this is an audio cd not a data cd.

Rob: My first line starts with, 'proceeds from the album'
Album is the operative word.

If the cd sells for $10 then the pro cost is not going to be $9 if that's what you think.

Basically, pro cost doesn't have to be taken out from every cd sold but, at some point if it sells for $10 then $2 might be taken out to cover costs of Ink, Paper, CD Labels, and CD's. I buy all of these bulk so I get the best price possible. I definitely won't be making any overhead on this. I'm expecting a slight defecit at best. As for reporting the donations on my taxes? I don't even make enuff money or defecits to report by receipts, costs, defecits on my taxes. I have always taken the standard deduction.

All sales and donations will be reported on the website.

At the current time I estimate if I'm lucky I may be able to pull this together in another three weeks. Tracking down mod (music) artists is the hardest part. Second, a lot of these old mods have to be cleaned, and edited to restore their original sound for CD Audio. As not all mod formats may be recognized by audio converters and certain effects may be lost in conversion. By then, I should be able to fulfill orders on a case by case basis. And give another week I should be able to fulfill larger orders should they arise.

Hopefully, that answers all your questions.

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#16]
Again, if anyone has any mods they have done themself and would like to contribute to the project please let me know!!

If anyone is interested in the code for the demo it can be found in this thread.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=38908

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#17]
I finished the demo, not the album. It looks pretty good.
You can download the code here:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1172
if you want the media email me, it's a 501kb zip file.