Winged Beast Animation

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Winged Beast Animation

elseano(Posted 2004) [#1]
I made this 'winged beast' model today basically just to see if I could do animation. Anyway, everything seems to be working fine in Milkshape, including the animation, but when I try to load it in blitz the error 'Entity has no animation' comes up :(

Here's the zip of the code and media (may need to copy+paste into browser address bar):
http://www.angelfire.com/games5/elseano/Winged_Beast_Anim.zip

Please can anyone tell me why this isn't working?? Thanks in advance.

Drago(Posted 2004) [#2]
Blitz only supports skinned models in the b3d format.
and having a look at the DirectX model, it is a skinned one.

so if you made it in 3dsmax go have a look at the B3D exporter in the Specs and utils section. Might have some for other programs too.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#3]
Surely he could just export it to B3D within Milkshape?

elseano(Posted 2004) [#4]
I tried that, but with no luck :(

EDIT

Any other ideas??

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#5]
Probably Ultimate Unwrap 3D can do it?

Bob3d(Posted 2004) [#6]
if milkshape b3d exproter exports bones animation, though itwont have weights, I suppose u already conted on that, using ms3d. Yep, Ultimate Unwrap will do the deal.

anyway, if you are using *.b3d format, there must be an error in your side while using ms3d.

RiverRatt(Posted 2004) [#7]
Try saveing a copy of the ms3d version in your game file and then export (to b3d) with the same name into that file.

Also I think you have to use Loadanimmesh not loadmesh.
Did you do the animation in Max or milkshape? If you did the animation in milkshape it should all export to b3d fine.

elseano(Posted 2004) [#8]
Ah that's what it was - I was using LoadMesh rather than LoadAnimMesh. Thanks to all who posted =)