Winged Alien

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Winged Alien

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#1]
Here is a Winged Alien an original concept of mine called a
Tellerian. Although, it was mostly inspired after I saw the movie StarGate.
This was from one of my original pencil drawings, and then I followed one of Psionic's photoshopping tips/tutorials, the one on pshopping his Robodemon.

Psi, has some great tutorials for photoshop, 3d modelling and more. If you don't know the link it's:
http://www.psionic3d.co.uk

There is more stuff on my portfolio (see link)

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#2]
CodeD.
I don't mean to sound rude but all the art you've posted up really isn't very good. I'm not suggesting I could do better but I think you need to be told this. Sorry for any offence, I'm trying to be constructive here. I think you've got potential (certainly more than me) to do great art, but you're not there yet. :)

The designs of both this and the space suit guy were unimaginative and very much 'seen it before'
You've got some serious use of photoshop effects there, I don't use photoshop but it looks like some texture brush.
The proportions are wrong, much like your space suit guy. And as I mentioned in that post, you really need to look at anatomy drawins to get the proportions correct.

I'm not saying don't post up your creations, I think you should post up more and get some proper feedback. Although I would suggest an Art forum would be a better place to get Artistic feedback as there are only a handful of artists on this forum.

Anyway, that's my 2 pence worth.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#3]
Rob, you'll never be my secretary of state :) That amount of "diplomacy" indeed must hurt. Of course some of CodeD's Art is not Top Notch yet, and maybe the word "portfolio" is kind of the wrong description, but there is absolutely no reason for not uploading and presenting his Work. And I am sure pretty soon he will sort out the wips from the masterpieces.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#4]
but there is absolutely no reason for not uploading and presenting his Work
I did suggest that he continues.
And I am sure pretty soon he will sort out the wips from the masterpieces.
Which I also suggested.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#5]
yes, of course. It was just this 2nd part of the first phrase that was like a hammer IMHO.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#6]
It looks like I'm dishing out too much hard-lovin' at the moment!

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#7]
I can take it. I did serve 4 years active duty in the Marine Corps after all. One could assume I'm a glutton for punishment. So, maybe the proportions are wrong. But, how do you know? It's an alien right? ;)
I do need to look into some anatomy stuff tho. I'll give ya that. I know my portfolio sucks. It's got a lot of old stuff in it. That's why I'm working on a lot of projects for new stuff right now to fix that.
Although, I must belabor about the un-original quip as the 'tellerian' is one of my favorite designs. >sniff<.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#8]
>> But, how do you know? It's an alien right? <<

You really got a point there :)

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#9]
It reminded me of something from He-man cartoon or something of that age.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#10]
As said above the work on your site looks really limited. Id consider the concept art I have at the link bellow to be limited, and I woulndt put mine in a page marked portfolio.

I do plan on adding a portfolio page to my site but its only going to have the BEST work I can possibly do in it. Anything else is a waste of time, If you think of it like this, If your portfolio is to show off your tallent and help you get work then there is no point in putting in work thats not your best. which is why the work iv done bellow isnt in mine.

ome 10 minute concept art.
http://www.teamrebellion.co.uk/images/concept/

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#11]
Oh I meant to ask, Aint that CELL the evil guy from Dragon Ball Z. ?

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#12]
I think its ok, but please DO NOT use the plastic wrap filter.. please, I beg you!

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#13]

This might help you with your design of the character. Its a bit rough i just did it quickly in mspain with ma mouse.

Hope it helps. I think the character could be really cool if you keep working on him.

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#14]

This was the original that I first drew. The one I posted above was made probably after I saw StarGate. I didn't start watching DragonBall until a few years ago actually. I don't even know if DBall was out at the time that I drew this.
It's not Cell inspired.

Yavin: Pretty Cool, although if you look at the original they're a bird like species meant to be very slender.
Their head is inspired after the dinosaurs.

AshMantle: Psionic made me do it. I was just trying it out at any rate.

http://www.psionic.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pstuts/tut5.html

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#15]
Yeah I cought that, thats why the head on the one i did is a tricerotops head. but evolved.

As for the wings easy enough to change them to feather's.