Slider Skin - Spoiled Meat

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Slider Skin - Spoiled Meat

N(Posted 2004) [#1]
Some folks may remember that I was doing a skin for a model called Slider (made by Chad "cep" Pearn). Well, I'm now skinning the version I modified (so it had proper UVs and half-decent boots for a change- and I did do it with his permission). Anyhow, work in progress shots of mr. Spoiled Meat himself:

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#2]
disgusting!! ^^ bravo!

Rob(Posted 2004) [#3]
Nice... but noel, I reakon you should work at 1024x1024 then downsize with sharpen.

N(Posted 2004) [#4]
Blood: I've tried that method before. It wasn't to my liking. Skinning actual res works best for me.

Braincell(Posted 2004) [#5]
Same here, i think the resolution can/should be higher, or look sharper some.

N(Posted 2004) [#6]
Keep this in mind while posting: resolution isn't changing, so don't bother.

Now comment on the actual work and not the resolution -_-

Braincell(Posted 2004) [#7]
For the res, its great. Though i dont get what the black part on the side of the torso, under the armpit? Is it just a hole in there?

N(Posted 2004) [#8]
It wasn't painted yet in that shot. This is it so far:

N(Posted 2004) [#9]

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#10]
Looks great.

N(Posted 2004) [#11]
Yummy tasty fun fun

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#12]
Thats cool.

The only way I can do skins is by taking the top left part of the skin, the map and taking it into something like Fireworks, and colouring it ...

BUt I always find it hard to get things to line up. you on the other hand dont seem to have the same problem. Id love to see a tutorial from you m8.

Braincell(Posted 2004) [#13]
Pretty good Noel. What programs are you using (for 2d and 3d i mean)?

N(Posted 2004) [#14]
Yavin: No idea what Fireworks is like, but whatever works for you is best. As for a tutorial, I'll consider it. At the moment, I'm jumping between techniques- right now I'm screwing around with greyscale painting- which is nice since you can get the luminosity and specular right from the beginning, but then you have a pain in the ass time coloring.

Lenn: For 2D I use Photoshop 7.0. For 3D I switch between various programs. I use 3d Studio Max r3.1 and Wings3D the most at the moment (mainly 'cause that's all I have aside from Blender, 3d Exploration, and the like), but I'm considering buying either Silo or saving up some more cash and buying XSI Foundations (I love both, but I won't buy both 'cause if I get one I won't use the other too often.. in any case, I need a replacement for my old as hell copy of 3ds).

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#15]
I think I can handle the art side of things, what I really need is a good tutorial on how to take a model and create its uvmap so that I can then pain the skin.

I can do it basic in Max 5, box mapping with some tweaks, but thats not so good for characters.

po(Posted 2004) [#16]
cool.
I don't get how to do curves in Wings. I know how to use tweak, but thats about it. :(

N(Posted 2004) [#17]
<Family Guy>You think all is good, you think all is well, but kiss my green ass, I'll see you in hell.</Family Guy>