When Hell breaks loose

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/When Hell breaks loose

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#1]
Crappola! Wrong forum - sorry.

Well as I'm here - it's roughly on topic.
Have a peek at a couple of the baddies for my horror fps...
Zombie is in game and animated. The Fat demon boss is still waiting to be trimmed down.

Pics are gone now - sorry.

gpete(Posted 2004) [#2]
you're giving Doom 3 some competition.....Nice!

skn3(Posted 2004) [#3]
Very nice, the zombie looks a little green tbh. At first I thought it was some type of lizzard/human hybrid.

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#4]
Yes -sKn3 - he's green alright! I don't think blue suits a sort of bloodless, ageing zombie skeleton...brown didn't cut it either...anyhow, these guy's are underground dwellers and are at the bottom of the human/monster hierarchy in the game - they are just so far gone and depraved...Utterly sub-human and nasty, only the darkest, dampest places are where they'll lurk. They'll never chance being in an area where light may strike them.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#5]
Very nice!

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#6]
That zombie has me running away already! Very scarey -.-

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#7]
Pretty good. The eyes are weak on both of them, especially the alien zombie. The skin of the demon could use a rougher more defined texture. The horns and hooves look great, but the claws look pretty monochrome. The zombie's skin is so green it can't be anything but an alien zombie. Dead people are brownish, I think.

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#8]
Woooo!

I would like to see these guys animating ... er on second thoughts maybe I wouldn't.

Seriously - I can't wait to see a demo of this one!

They look fantastic to me, how do they look boned and animated in B3d?

IPete2.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#9]
you play too much doom :P But it's well done.

semar(Posted 2004) [#10]
Brrr !

I would use the fat demon boss skin for the Zombie though.

Keep on the *scary* job,
Sergio.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#11]
What do they look like rendered in blitz?

And that fat bloke must be chilly, his nipples are somewhat pert!

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#12]
Thanks for the comments everyone.
He he..Halo you love your Hollywood films eh? The eyes are 'Tochna' for what I wanted! Any more emphasis in the eyes and the fact the demon is a huge fat juggernought looses it's impact. I wanted him more obscenely unnatural in the fleshy sense as opposed to the supernatural power sense. As for the textures etc..well they're slapped on for speed - I will simply use him to make my base texture for the low poly version. We'll see them right in the game. Work has to stop somewhere if i'm ever going to finish a game off!
Everything in the game will be rather drably dragged down to the level of plausabilty as much as possible. Weapons will be very basic and very limited. The player will die almost immediately if any of the nasties get within arms reach. Stealth will be the best weapon for a large part.
The setting is a dull northen England town, where the wind,cold and drizzle gnaw at your bones inccessantly, dull grey skies bear down making spirit sag and body stoop. Think soot coated red brick, think mouldy damp, think disused canals, think post industrial revolution - and think about those twinkling amber lights that dance each night upon the black, black hills of Yorkshire...think despair - with a much un-asked-for dollop of 'fiends from Hell' thrown in. Utterly hopeless.

Anyhow - for anyone who wanted to see the zombies anim frames here's a quick avi.

http://www.gnarlysoft.co.uk/Stuff/zombanim.avi

Oh yes for you Rob - here's a test of the zombies in my test level.

http://www.gnarlysoft.co.uk/Stuff/WHBL-quick-test.wmv

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#13]
Hujiklo

That's one of the best animations I have seen in B3d and I have seen a quite a few.

I love the zombie's mouth and the whole demeanour is REALLY SCARY! (looks left and right to make sure the coast is clear!) - phew!

Im going to take another look at it now - I'm very impressed - excellent work.

PS I hope the scream like the zombies in Zelda Ocarina of Time - that freaked me out!

IPete2.

Paolo(Posted 2004) [#14]
Excellent stuff!!
Congrats :)

Paolo.

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#15]
I definitely like the crawling zombie animation.

Ash_UK(Posted 2004) [#16]
Wow, excellent work Hujiklo, how long did it take you to model the zombies? Superb work on the animations, very impressive :)
I can't wait to see the final thing.
Keep up the good work!

DeViL

Caff(Posted 2004) [#17]
That is some awesome artwork, and animation too. Keep us updated on your work :)

puki(Posted 2004) [#18]
Yep - nice stuff.

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#19]
Thanks people - examples are gone now. I'm on very limited web space.
Ipete2 - I haven't played Zelda Ocarina of Time but When the zombies scream it will be a scream of evil rage and frustration that serves as a beacon call to the other nearby creatures.

Devil - modelling doesn't take that long at all, neither does the animation - textures take longer!!