Wobbles #3

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Wobbles #3

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#1]

Everything in the game is done, except the Hud which is still only text. It's now a matter of implementing new media (levels/characters) and final touches.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#2]
Looks pretty.

SopiSoft(Posted 2004) [#3]
looks good!

will there be a playable demo or movie soon?

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#4]
Hey SopiSoft,

I need 2 computers to make a decent movie, but I expect a 2-player demo to be ready mid-August.

HNPhan(Posted 2004) [#5]
looks reallllllly nice :D

Physt(Posted 2004) [#6]
Great artwork! Now I want to play it....

maximo(Posted 2004) [#7]
How does one play this? I read info on the wobbles webpage but I dont get it from these screenshots :) Looks like there isn't much to do?

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#8]
Hey Maximo,

You can shoot the other player using Red Wobbles or push the other one off the cliff. This game is not about weapons, etc, but developing your character the right way during the round.
E.g in the ice/snow level screenshot you have to collect a lot of green Wobbles in order to jump higher. With this, you can reach a platform with red and yellow Wobbles. Only those colours can be "dumped" in your base (which adds to your score).
Some other levels keep character development "open" so that you can choose whatever you see as a tactic against the other player.

maximo(Posted 2004) [#9]
Well this looks very cool, so I'm sure it's gonna be fun to play. Btw very proffesionally presented game and info about game on the website. Very nice stuff! :) Keep it up! Hope for the best! :)

skn3(Posted 2004) [#10]
Can you steal the other players wobbles ?

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#11]
Thanks Maximo!

Skn3[ac]: Yes, good question. You can steal from the other base, however, this goes slower than dumping Wobbles on your own base. For example, it would be ideal to shoot or push someone from the cliff, and quickly steal em!

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#12]
Here ya go. A video of a swamp level. Gameplay wise it's a bad video, the opponent never played Wobbles so he was just walking around :-) And, no sound because of my crappy weird Terratec card not being registered as a normal Windows sound device.

http://wobbles.hku.nl/Wobbles%202004-08-21%2019-04-53-46.wmv

Soon available! Worlds: ice, swamp, future and medieval.

GfK(Posted 2004) [#13]
Game doesn't look like my cup of tea, on the face of it.

Does look like a job well done, though.

Dustin(Posted 2004) [#14]
Looks *VERY* polished! Looking forward to the demo.

Matty(Posted 2004) [#15]
Looks fantastic

ragtag(Posted 2004) [#16]
Love the character design, esp. Tsuneyo.

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#17]
This game is my cup of coffe, I really like the sound of it!

Looking really good!

MarkT(Posted 2004) [#18]
Wow...Now that looks Nice

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#19]
I think it looks ACE! it has got a certain Ratchet & Clank feel to the gfx, which definately is a big +++ in my book..

Hope it sells well!

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#20]
WOW ... all I can say!

TheMan(Posted 2004) [#21]
and another WoW

semar(Posted 2004) [#22]
I'm speachless. I can only say: WOW !

Very nice, frantic action, lovely animations, cute graphics, in one word: professional.

Congrats Jeroen, nice game indeed !

Sergio.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#23]
Oh man, the artwork is awesome. I can't comment on the movie because I haven't seen it, but those screenshots are niiice.

c5ven(Posted 2004) [#24]
i like. very nice. bonus points for the penguins.

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#25]
This may be off-topic but...Joe looks like Johnny Bravo. Not that I could do better! Well, maybe. But, yeah...maybe I couldn't. Quite J-Bravo-ish though. Oh, cool Wobbly game. Nice Screenies. Is this a fighting game? It seems lately fighting games have been disappearing from the game market. But, I suppose if anyone is going to make a good fighting game it's gonna be an indie developer. Mortal Kombat 6? Sheesh...Forget that. Mortal Kombat 5 sucked enough, thanks.

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#26]
Hey CodeD: Thanks for the compliment. Wobbles has some fighting elements but its just "shooting your previous inventory away to the other player" or "pushing the other". It can be described as an arcade, tactical 2 player game.

We are thinking about single player levels which then would have puzzle elements, instead of releasing it now.

maxd(Posted 2004) [#27]
hi.. i cant link to the demo or pictures.. any ideas.. this sounds a great game..

thanks

maxd

Jim Teeuwen(Posted 2004) [#28]
My compliments on the Demo!! Excellent work!
Where the hell did you get the ppl to do the voices?