Textures

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Textures

Bolo_Loco(Posted 2004) [#1]
Free to use for your projects.
( Created with Paint Shop Pro 5 )

Download here ( Png - 512*512 - 1.5 Mb ):

http://www.boteco.de/bolo/Tex/WxFree1.zip

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#2]
The first three are really good. That last one implies too much depth however; the strong lighting/shadows make it ineffective as a level texture.

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#3]
The background grain and incorporation of different windows is really excellent...they blend right into the texture. The edges are a little flat and straight. It's pretty obvious you used a simple bevel operation, and it gives the image that "my first texture" look.

I'd spend a little more time making the contours irregular, and then you would have some AAA-class work.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#4]
I get a 404 with the zip and the images as well.

Pete Carter(Posted 2004) [#5]
very good and its good to see a fellow lover of paintshop pro 5 (dont like 8 at all) Do you fancy doing some texture for me at somepoint in the future ill pay you for them? i do need something a bit different from this though im working a alot smaller scale and need clear smaller textures. if you wait a week or so ill have a website up of my game and you can see what i mean.

anyway keep up the good work

Pete

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#6]
ok, now it works. very nice textures, thanks!

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#7]
looking good

aab(Posted 2004) [#8]
Realistic stuff. Man i need to learn how to do this!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#9]
You need to copy and paste parts of the image, then add "bevel emboss" or/and "drop shadow" etc. in the blending options of the layer dialog. For the rotten and weathered look you may play with the filters as well as utilize existing pictures of materials like stone, rock, paper.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#10]
yeah... really nice... i gotta learn how to do this as well, and stop faking it...

wasn't there a decent tut somewhere around here... josh, didn't you post a tutorial or something a lil while back?

--Mike

Braincell(Posted 2004) [#11]
These textures are pretty nice, but theres only one thing. If you lined them up (the first 3) they would look repetitive = fake! Thats because the stain marks or rotten and weather look is repeating itself. I mean the pattern is the same. Though I'm sure you could make different patterns easily.

btw I use Corel :) but Paint Shop Pro is great