buggy

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/buggy

Psionic(Posted 2004) [#1]
I started this yesterday, sketched up a ref pic and modelled it, UV'd it this morning and have been working on the texture today....still lots to do tho'

its around 2500 polys, allowing for 500 each for the 3 top-mounted guns ;-)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
Wow! reminds me of Mad Max Movies.

Henrik(Posted 2004) [#3]
Very nice (as always)!

Inner(Posted 2004) [#4]
white version reminds me of buggyboy.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#5]
Excellent! Like the colour scheme and the wheel/tyre texturing is top class - did you do those textures from scratch?

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#6]
Very good, however, it doesn't look like it would steer very well due to the shape of the front. Texturing is top notch though and the overall shape is good.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#7]
very nice , although it might be 'buggy' in game

Psionic(Posted 2004) [#8]
Textures are all handpainted, no photo's etc (still have to finish the main body and a few other parts)

the steering seems to work fine so far, it will be rigged with various bones to allow the suspension to bounce and steer, plus to mount one of the 3 guns up top, plus bones for light flares on the lights and smoke from the exhausts...

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#9]
Psionic the reason my I mention the steering is that a buggy like this would probably have at least a 40 degree lock, it looks like if you put that kind of lock on the wheels would be running through the bodywork.

Wiebo(Posted 2004) [#10]
Nice. Textures need work though. I don't see any detail at all, just colored areas...

Psionic(Posted 2004) [#11]
its a w.i.p. A work in progress! and I already mentioned that the bodywork is unstarted/unfinished...

RobF: I'll look into widening the wheels/axles to allow for more lock, thanks for the advice!

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#12]
Stunt Car Racer??
Nice cars for humping and jumping extreme terrains.

Psionic(Posted 2004) [#13]
A lil update...

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#14]
Cool! And it steers!

Psionic(Posted 2004) [#15]
Heh heh, it will be rigged to allow control of suspension, wheels, light glows, exhausts and top mounted guns as well ;-)

heres a snow version:-

EOF(Posted 2004) [#16]
Stunning work as usual. Super talent you have.

N(Posted 2004) [#17]
Very nice. Couple things that I think don't look quite right: the hub caps, they don't look like they're made of metal to me. The tires in general look too soft. And something about the body.. I think it's the lack of overall shape to it, but I can't be sure.

RetroBooster(Posted 2004) [#18]
Wheels look a bit too much like plastic. Otherwise it's sweet, what's it for tho? :)

CyberHeater(Posted 2004) [#19]
Looks great. Nice work. Can't wait to see 'em in a game.

SopiSoft(Posted 2004) [#20]
looks cool, great textures aswell! :-)

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#21]
looks good!

Don't make your buggy game buggy!