Nerf Gun

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Nerf Gun

po(Posted 2004) [#1]
Eeryone else is posting their models of guns so I will post mine!
I was cleaning out my room when I found an old Nerf dart gun, so I had to model it. It was the easiest texturing job ever. :)
Pic:

Wireframe pic:

Here is a pic of the real nerf gun:

It took me about 3 hours. It is too high res to put in a game though. 42 objects(I think), 1584 faces, 2729 edges and 1229 vertices. It was made in Wings 3D.

Synchronist(Posted 2004) [#2]
That's cool po! Did you do the UV mapping from inside W3D as well?

po(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thanks and no, I used Ultimate Unwrap 3D

Psionic(Posted 2004) [#4]
Looks pretty good..like you say nice easy texture job ;-))

elseano(Posted 2004) [#5]
wow I didn't know you could UV map in wings3d! How on earth do you do that?

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#6]
uh,
Thanks and no, I used Ultimate Unwrap 3D
You can 'sorta' unwrap in wings3d but I never got it and since I havee UU myself....

Cool model

N(Posted 2004) [#7]
wow I didn't know you could UV map in wings3d! How on earth do you do that?

Go into sub-object mode, select one or more objects, right click, select UVW Mapping (or something similar, I haven't done much modelling recently). When the AutoUV window pops up, select regions of your mesh that you want to designate as a solid map (e.g., Chart 1 goes all over the chest, Chart 2 goes on the right arm [not including the hands], Chart 3 goes on the right hand) and right click and assign a UV chart to them. Then, in the AutoUV window, go into edge mode and select the edges that will be seams (otherwise cylindrical objects will look very bad come unwrapping time) then right click and select whichever one most looks like it would define a seam. As noted previously, I haven't modelled in quite a while, so bear with me. When all's done with that process, right click and select Continue and under that select Unwrap (or whatever it is, but never select Project [if it's still there]).

elseano(Posted 2004) [#8]
thanks I may have a go....I find UVmapping in milkshape a lot easier though.

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#9]
That looks quite cool