Human Models WIP

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Human Models WIP

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#1]
Been working on a couple of human figures. These are now my 4th and 5th attempts at humans.

The male is me! I got my girlfriend to take a bunch of photos of me and I created a mini-me! Looks a bit freaky actually!

And the female was created from me drawing the views, I originally planned for her to be really cartoony, but it turned out looking more and more realistic so I moved in that direction.

I'm still yet to complete the texturing on either of them, although, it's mostly done. You'll see a couple of patches on the arms of the male, and a line between the neck and head.

The models both have 2 256x256 textures, 1 of the head so you get plenty of face detail and 1 for the body.

http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/forum/attachment.php3?s=&postid=98116

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#2]
Not bad Rob. I would suggest posting front/side views and a wireframe . Easier to critique that way.
The female seems the best. The guys hands are a little small

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#3]
Ruz, I'll have to sort that out this evening.

The hands are a little small I agree, I've redone the hands from scratch at least 3 times already! I'm not good with hands!

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#4]
The proportions of the female seem better than the male, but i could be mistaken because of the perpective. Necks and shoulders connect too angular. Underarms miss curvature. The hands need to be larger and if you want to rig them, they need to be spreaded.

The woman looks as if she has a beauty mud mask on or something like that :) Besides that the textures are nice.

It would be nice to see some wireframes to look at the joints and joint areas like wrists, elbows,shoulders,feet,knees and groin.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#5]
yeah hands are tough rob.I have started modelling the first finger and thumb and the rest of the hand as usual , 'glove like'. seems to work ok.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#6]
Knots: Quoting from my first post "I'm still yet to complete the texturing on either of them, although, it's mostly done. You'll see a couple of patches on the arms of the male, and a line between the neck and head." And I'm not going to do fully fingered hands, I think it's totally pointless unless you're planning on doing first person stuff.

Ruz: Index finger and glove sounds like quite a good way to go. I might try that one.

I've increased the size of the hands now, it looks much better, not updated the screenshot yet.