Wobbles #2

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Wobbles #2

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#1]
Look what the ill graphics designer Mikel did now :-)
Curious what you think of it.

Loading screen of the Medieval world:

New in-game version of the swamp world (new lightmapping, trees, fog):

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#2]
very nice, I like the look of this very much.

po(Posted 2004) [#3]
looks gnarley.

Loonie(Posted 2004) [#4]
killer :)

Koriolis(Posted 2004) [#5]
Holly c*** !

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#6]

SopiSoft(Posted 2004) [#7]
it looks very cool!!! :D

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#8]
Yup, that's the work of a pro, i suppose it's some form of platform game?
Keep it up and finish it!

Caff(Posted 2004) [#9]
Very nice graphics.

JustLuke(Posted 2004) [#10]
That looks fantastic! I really like the graphical style.

skn3(Posted 2004) [#11]
looks amazing

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#12]
My GOTT!!!!

That's really stupendous!!!!!

no, really ... we are in the presence of genius...

--Mike

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#13]
The loading screen is great, but the in game one isn't quite as good, but still looks nice enough.
somehow the in game one is not cartoony enough in comparison

aab(Posted 2004) [#14]
i agree with Ruz, but to be honest, the quality of the first image is beyond incredible in creating its style:
Would the time and detail of forming the whole thing to that standard not be too great (in terms of time and CPU)?
It should be perfect enough with just a few more smoothened corners

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#15]
Hi Ruz,

True...Well noticed.
We are making four worlds:

- science fiction
- medieval
- ice and snow
- swamp

For each world there is a unique graphics style, and we try to make an overall "game look" which glues the rest together. It's risky, but worth the try.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#16]
yeah i wish i had gone for that syle in my game, gives it a bouncy , happy feel
love the 'twisty' trees in the in game shot

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#17]
one word. PRO.

V nice.

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#18]
Hi Aab: the first image is pre-rendered and is ment to be a loading screen (but most objects in that image are used in the actual game too). Creating an image quality as the first one (with the drawing) requires DirectX9 and shaders, and a lot of knowledge :-)

John-Robin(Posted 2004) [#19]
Hi there Jeroen,

Looks very good, is it for a commercial game or a private project?

cheers,

John-Robin
PS: hoe is het gegaan met je Sterrekind project?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#20]
looks good. intro screens may differ from the original game. recently some games (eg driver 3) tend to use photorealisticly prerendered avis for intros and cutscenes. The trick is, in tv-reviews they oftenly show the avis and make people think they where realtime-rendered ingame scenes. kind of cheating imho.

Glad to see you added lightmapping. That was the only thing I was missing when I commented your work last time.

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#21]
Hi John-Robin:
The game is done and being used by the Sterrekind kids. Unfortunately, I did not have the time to fix some bugs I wanted to do, but it's there!

Jfk: The graphics you see here are done by Mikel (so its his credits :-). I made up the concept, program it and coordinate the project.

Here's an updated version (excluding a decent HUD). You see the colors are changed. This was because it hurt your eyes; the player blended too much in the background

Wiebo(Posted 2004) [#22]
Heel mooi, Jeroen!

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#23]
that looks a lot like feebs, if I gather enough from the screen shot ?? you have to collect all the little things and stick them back in their colourd mats or platforms ?

Hay, the above might sound off, by loooks like feebs I dont mean the GFX style, what I means is the basic gameplay and game mechanic. in fact if cybergoth had shown me it I would have thought it was going to be feebs 2.

What I have said above isnt really that important though, you have a classic looking game on your hands, let us know whats it all done and dusted.

Bob3d(Posted 2004) [#24]
extremely good artwork

Jim Teeuwen(Posted 2004) [#25]
heh Mikel seriously evolved since Ive last seen his work at school, a few years back. Wonderful stuff!

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#26]
I never heared of Feebs2, gonna look it up on the internet :)

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#27]
that is very, very, very, pretty.