Skateboard

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Skateboard

po(Posted 2004) [#1]
I like Ultimate Unwrap 3D! :)
Here is the model of a skateboard I did(my first textured model):

And here is how I textured it:

And here it is in wire-frame:

The trucks are not that detailed, but they don't really have to be. I wasn't sure how to model the nuts 'n bolts that hold the wheels to the trucks(in Wings 3D) so I tried to draw them on. I do like my grip tape and the pic on the deck though! :)
It has: 11 objects, 954 faces, 1656 edges and 780 vertices.
My brothers friend left his skateboard at my house so I just had to model it! :)

I was going to make a Flip Trick Simulator, which was basically going to be a skateboard that rotates in a certain direction to form a flip trick(kickflip, varial heelflip), but I don't have the skill.

Now to make Tony Hawk 6.... ;)

CyberHeater(Posted 2004) [#2]
Nice model but too many polys for such a simple shape.

I think you could almost half the poly count for that model and it wouldn't look that different in a game.

er... Unless this is the high rez model used in the board selection screen. Which if that is the case. Just tell me to shut up :)

po(Posted 2004) [#3]
Shut up :)
Well, I knew I couldn't make a full skateboarding game, so I dicided to make a high rez model, because I knew any game I would make, would involve only the skateboard and maby a plane.

CyberHeater(Posted 2004) [#4]
po (Posted 2004-06-06 03:22:31)
Shut up :)
Well, I knew I couldn't make a full skateboarding game, so I dicided to make a high rez model, because I knew any game I would make, would involve only the skateboard and maby a plane.

Þõ
Pauls Place!

LOL...

Keep us up to date with you game progress. :)

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#5]
niiice texturing job...

yeah... don't worry, your card can push those polys around with ease...

:)

--Mike

Psionic(Posted 2004) [#6]
nice model..you probly coulda used the texture space better by unwrapping one wheel, and then making 3 copies of that wheel seeing as theyre all the same ;-)

Isaac P(Posted 2004) [#7]
naw keep with the 4 wheel thing.. that way if you choose to you could each wheel a different colour. Maybe allow a heavy amount of customisation in your game :)

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#8]
why would you make each wheel a different colour?

po(Posted 2004) [#9]
To be cool. :)

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#10]
fair enough

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#11]
congrats, paul, you became a pretty good modeler since you started with 3d (not so long ago). now slow down please, coz you make us look lame :)