image test

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/image test

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#1]
can you tell me if the image looks ok. not artistic wise , but gamma and saturation. does is it look too orange for example, oversaturated or is it a kind fo mid skintone, but quite bright

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#2]
Not oversaturated, but colorful :) Looks nice, but it's impossible to say if it looks like it should.

Try making a color bar test, which indicates where the limits are on your monitor.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#3]
thats good enough freborg, long as it falls within a certain range I am ok.
it looked insanely orange after I set up my monitor correctly

CyberHeater(Posted 2004) [#4]
Fantastic work mate. Looking forward to this one.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#5]
That hair is really bright red. Maybe tone down the saturation of her hair. Also, the placement of her nipples kind of weirds me out. Too high and/or too far out to the sides.

Everything else is perfect.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#6]
cheers cyberheater gonna try and finish it this week

he he jhocking yeah i love the red hair, That was intentional

I think I have worked it out now. On my other pc, the colours are staying consistent from 3dmax render to save for web in pshop
The nipples are a 'bit' off, must change that soon.

SopiSoft(Posted 2004) [#7]
looks good!!! :-D

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#8]
I think it looks good apart from the nips and the outy belly button. Personally I'd lose the nips as I think it's just a bit blantent and unnecessary.

For want of not sounding like an old git but it always seems odd to me when there's armour and then loads of bare skin... but hey... that's just me!

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#9]
nah she is meant to be sexy. The model is called sex_sells.
I don't think it looks that tarty though?

And whats wrong with a sticky out belly button?

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#10]
I don't think it looks that tarty though?
Are you seriously suggesting that if you saw a girl walking around wearing a seethrough top and no bra you'd not think she looked tarty? Hmmm...

Outy belly buttons just aren't nice... Maybe that's just me... but it's not a good look.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#11]
well if she was walking around coventry high street , but not in an imaginary video game world.I have seen far worse

I could give her glasses and a library book?

Perhaps a pair of polka dot panties

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#12]
I'm merely suggesting understatement rather than hello boys... but hey, your call.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#13]
I now what you mean though. I was tempted to give here an armoured bra. The design will porbably change anyway. I always mess around with the costumes/colours etc

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#14]
Armoured Bra... Protect thine Nipples!

CyberHeater(Posted 2004) [#15]
NO. Keep it just a tad sexy/tarty/etc...

It's what the boys want :)

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#16]
well the model is called sex_sells

thinks sopi soft, didn't see you there

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#17]
nice... really nice...

--Mike

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#18]
cheers.I will post an update when its more finished

Foppy(Posted 2004) [#19]
In line with the game LoveChess, this could become LoveQuake... or UnrealLove. ;) It reminds me of the movie "The Fifth Element". Very nice.

puki(Posted 2004) [#20]
She looks good - I'd prefer her without the armour plating stuff though - her boots are a bit 'hoofy' - like cow/deer/moose thing - I know what mean.

Hey, don't let her get in the way of Jester-boy game.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#21]
yeah its not my model. people just release models for us texture artists to skin.
its a good challenge to texture awkward shaped . hoofy stuff, even if you are not too keen,
I kind of like the model though

hmm jester thing is on the back burner for now, have to get my folio sorted.

Foppy - yeah i think thats where I must have got the red hair from. great movie that.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#22]
the skin is the only thing I can compare, and it looks ok, even in 16 bit.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#23]
cheers jfk.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#24]