LoveChess (warning mature content)

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/LoveChess (warning mature content)

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#1]
Greetings,

One week to go and LoveChess will be ready.

In LoveChess you can see the pieces making love, instead of fighting as in the famous BattleChess.

Made with Blitz3d, PowerBasic, Gile[s], Silo, CharacterFX,
Filax's BCF, Swift's ShadowSystem, Shift's AniBrush & GUI,
Particle Candy, Milkshape, Ultimate Unwrap, Photoshop, Protean IDE and Inno Setup...pfft

And our 'coupe de force' (artwork, souped up model):

CyberHeater(Posted 2004) [#2]
Holy cow. Blitz PRon. LOL.

Who's gonna buy it though. Can't wait to try out the demo :)

RayTracer(Posted 2004) [#3]
lol, can the pieces get pregnant accidentally...maybe give birth to more pieces?

One more question, does the game have horses ,as the classic chess did ? :)))

granada(Posted 2004) [#4]
Cool i like the idea,nice figures to!

Dave

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#5]
You should have an option to send the whole board into one big orgy. Then everyone wins.

c5ven(Posted 2004) [#6]
sex sells. :)

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#7]
So when they have sex one disappears? Isn't that kind of odd? And if that's not what happens, then how does the game work?

JaviCervera(Posted 2004) [#8]
lol

nice graphics tho

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#9]
Thanks for the comments!

@RayTracer:
Well we did have some centaurs but the're a pig to animate well and ,*humm*, sex with horses (even halfhuman) is not so cool. So we solved it with human figures with faboulous horselike helmets.

@jhocking:
Yup, one disappears and it isn't that weird in the game as you think it is. Actually it works quite simple, you select two figures, they start with some anticipating 'squirming' (i think that's the right word for it) then love making starts and eventually it ends. Besides that you ar completely free too roam the scene and look at all the actions from every angle and distance you see fit.

@csven:
'Sex sells' I may hope so, it was a helluva lot of work to make all the animations. Especially with CFX |-(

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#10]
Fantastic, this has to be the silliest idea I've seen for ages :) (Silly as in silly cool)

Here I was, thinking chess was one of the least sexy games ever :)

sswift(Posted 2004) [#11]
Check aaaaaaaaand.... Mate!

sswift(Posted 2004) [#12]
And he's using my shadow system. How nice. :-)

sswift(Posted 2004) [#13]
I see the board has both male and female peices on each side. So I guess it's an equal opportunity sexchess game? :-)

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#14]
@sswift:
First, you're shadow systems works marvelous. Also the gui system and anibrush, kudos.
The white pieces are females except the king, the black pieces are males with a female queen. We have female-female sex but no male-male sex. We're cool with male-male (we're Dutch, as long you don't do it in my garden, anything goes), but for most of our target audience this is not the case.

Ice9(Posted 2004) [#15]
but what happens when a male pawn takes a male pawn

Andy(Posted 2004) [#16]
You're gonna get alot of sales to people who have absolutely no interest in chess... Come to think of it, you don't really need any kind of AI - The more sex your customers get to see, the less complaints you'll get!

Andy

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#17]
bizarre idea. cool though. hope there are no 'horsies' or bishops involved

big10p(Posted 2004) [#18]
lol. Great idea. :P

How long does it actually take to 'make a move' on another piece, though?

Rob(Posted 2004) [#19]
Brilliant idea.

But what if erm, a bishop meets another bishop. Do they bash each other's bishops..?

sswift(Posted 2004) [#20]
"hope there are no [...] bishops involved"

Hahaha! :-)

Tranz(Posted 2004) [#21]
Wow, nice models...how many triangles rendered on average there?

Not that it matters much...just curious.

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#22]
@Arbitrage:
male pawns are black pieces, female pawns are white pieces, ther'es no male male-sex in the game.

@Rob:
Bishop-Bishop. The black bishop is a horned, half-man, half-goat in the game, we've also made a white female equivalent. They have particular funny 'moves'.

@Ruz
No animals are harmed.

@Tranz:
Where pushing at the max 120.000 polys per frame. It's still running fine on a 2 year old system. We're testing the game on a lot of systems and so far no problems. The minimum specs are a 1Gz CPU with a 64Mb Videocard and 128Mb ram. Which does cover a hefty chunk of all the PC's in use nowadays.

JaviCervera(Posted 2004) [#23]
male pawns are black pieces, female pawns are white pieces, ther'es no male male-sex in the game.
Hmm... this looks like a black female:

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#24]
If you read his posts you will see he mentioned:
"the black pieces are males with a female queen"

And if you think logically, this exception doesn't result in a male-male matchup.

Barnabius(Posted 2004) [#25]
Khm... khm...

Pardon for asking the question (I guess soomeone has to do it)... how good the AI actually is? Chess playing, I mean...

;)

Barney

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#26]
Given the tone of the game, I imagine some hardcore minimax chess algorithm would be overkill.

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#27]
@Barnabius:
The AI is reasonable good, good enough for this game. It ain't on par with Fritz or Shredder though. I have a WinBoard/UCI interface lying here in alfa stadium. When i get that one running in a future release you can choose your own chess engine. Playing online becomes a possibility then.

SopiSoft(Posted 2004) [#28]
looks great!!! :-D

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#29]
Lol, you sick man...;) Looking really good though. Do they scream? ;)

You see you missed the market Syb...Anime Sex babes...

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#30]
do they scream.... hahahahahah....

and you call him sick!!!

(actually, that's the second thing that came to my mind too... well sorta...)

--Mike

Foppy(Posted 2004) [#31]
The white pieces are females except the king, the black pieces are males with a female queen. We have female-female sex but no male-male sex.
The white king is male, and he can attack a black piece... if we're just talking about pieces attacking each other, you cannot rule out male-male encounters if on both sides one (or more) of the pieces is male, except if they are both kings, since kings cannot actually be taken (...). So you would have to use two armies of females, with only the two kings being male, if I am not mistaken.

Or, one army all-male and the other army all-female (including a female king).

But that would rule out female-female encounters.

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#32]
@Foppy:
We have male-male encounters but they don't have sex.
Indeed the white king can hit a black (male) piece.

puki(Posted 2004) [#33]
"puki" like pictures - hey about an animation editor to make pieces do what you want them to do, how you want them to do it, when you want them to do it.

AI not a problem - "puki" just move pieces random to see what they do.

Give demo to "puki" - I will test all combinations for you - make sure they all working.

How about 'cheat' mode where more than one piece can take another (at the same time).

Don't forget an 'undo' mode to retry another option.

I like - can't wait for review and interview in Blitz Newsletter - bet "Boydy Boy", "Harrision", "Skiddy" and "Sibly" fight over who review it.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#34]
Hehehe, certainly looks interesting :D

120,000 polys per frame, that's quite impressive :D

c5ven(Posted 2004) [#35]
GALAHAD: I seek the Grail! I have seen it, here in this castle!
DINGO: No! Oh, no! Bad, bad Zoot!
GALAHAD: What is it?
DINGO: Oh, wicked, bad, naughty Zoot! She has been
setting alight to our beacon, which, I just remembered, is grail-shaped.
It's not the first time we've had this problem.
GALAHAD: It's not the real Grail?

and she must pay the penalty - and here in Castle Anthrax, we have but one
punishment for setting alight the grail-shaped beacon. You must tie her down
on a bed and spank her!
GIRLS: A spanking! A spanking!
DINGO: You must spank her well. And after you have spanked her, you may deal
with her as you like. And then, spank me.
MANY VOLUPTUOUS HALF-NUDE GIRLS: And spank me. And me. And me.

GIRLS: A spanking! A spanking!
DINGO: And after the spanking, the oral sex.
GIRLS: Oral sex! Oral sex!
GALAHAD: Well, I could stay a BIT longer.

i think the bishops should be the spankers :)

puki(Posted 2004) [#36]
Or that with a 'w'

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#37]
funny idea, well done. good luck!

big10p(Posted 2004) [#38]

The minimum specs are a 1Gz CPU with a 64Mb Videocard and 128Mb ram. Which does cover a hefty chunk of all the PC's in use nowadays.

Really? Damn, I won't be able to play it on either of my machines, then. :/

N(Posted 2004) [#39]
This has warped my fragile little mind ;)

Seriously, though, it's an original take on a graphical style.

It'd probably be very controversial in America if Walmart started selling it ;) Oh yeah, only teenagers and men over 30 would buy it, too.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#40]
excellent theme...teenagers might get some tips...being over 30 myself it might spark off some memories :)

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#41]
Or that with a 'w'

wspankers?

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#42]

Tails(Posted 2004) [#43]
hahaha looks quality!

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#44]

Jager(Posted 2004) [#45]
WOW WOW WOW!! :)

Your Greek soldiers look far better than mine .. they fight better too!

Looks like it could be a great Greek Mythology chess game .. just add a few Centaurs, Minotaurs, Hercules, Sirens LOL :)

N(Posted 2004) [#46]
just add a few Centaurs, Minotaurs

Ewwwwww ;)

sswift(Posted 2004) [#47]
"You will need some great sounds for that, I wonder how you are going to get them."

http://www.bizrate.com/marketplace/product_info/overview/index__cat_id--5224,keyword--Sound%20Effects,prod_id--1138126.html

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#48]
It'd probably be very controversial in America if Walmart started selling it ;)
Wal-Mart never sells controversial items. Which is why I don't shop there for the music I like.

Knotz, that is an awesome idea. You know you will have to act quickly to corner the market on LoveCheckers, LovePoker and LoveMonopoly.

Man, this is such a cool idea, you should have asked for some input from me! I could have given you a few ideas on how the pieces could 'interact' !

BTW, is the queen in the fourth pic. satisfying herself?

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#49]
Thanks again all for the comments!

I've just finished the Release Candidate and i'm sending it to the beta testers.

@WolRon:
Thanks for the comment. Rest assured we've enough talent in coming up with 'interactions' for the coming years :-)
And yes, that's the black queen having fun in anticipation.

Techlord(Posted 2004) [#50]
Unique artwork, Cool take on Chess. I see a winner here.

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#51]
LOL....Cool

Synchronist(Posted 2004) [#52]
And how much fun did *YOU* have getting the animation right Knotz? MoCap? LOL

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#53]
@CodeMeister
Nope no mocap, too expensive and we had to put ourselves with our wives in those funny catsuits. Too bad the wives refused...

Actually, a lot of people think while animating those pieces i must have been in a constant state of arousal. Well, I was not. It's a bit like a painter painting a naked model, maybe the first time he does it brings a bit of embarresement but after a while he lookes at the curves the body makes, the shadows, the muscular structure etc.
I had the same. At first I had a bit of gene to handle the male's private parts but after a while when you have noticed it is the least interesting part of his body, you focus more and more on the whole 'gestalt', his shoulders, back, feet etc.

Synchronist(Posted 2004) [#54]
@Knotz; I understand completely. Really. I have some very good friends who are professional artists and they've commented the same way as you have.

Too bad about the wives tho'... 8^)

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#55]

Oh yeah, only teenagers and men over 30 would buy it, too.

Hmmm.... guess I'll wait a coupla years then ;-)

I think it's a great idea. I could go on and say more but it's all been said.

With all smutty comments and jokes aside, it looks like a very well presented game. Nicely detailed. How much focus is there on the actual chess? I eman with respect to difficulty levels, AI and tournament options? Or is it really just a poor chess game in a sexy, flashy look?

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#56]
Queen takes Bishop!

:D

Kozmi(Posted 2004) [#57]
Boner'!!!!!!;)

Red(Posted 2004) [#58]
It's a olympic game LOL !

maximo(Posted 2004) [#59]
So how are the sales? Are you a thousendioner yet or did you come up to million$ in sales? ;) Repport so we know how it went ;)

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#60]
Kickin' life into the old thread...

Sales are fine, reviews are good and the best thing is from all the support i had to give, none was related to technical issues. That's Blitz3d.

We did run in some positioning problems, is it pr0n or not. Well it isn't. Erotic is a better term. So our focus had to shift a bit regarding marketing and advertising efforts.

We started using CCBill as cc processor, and added PayPal later. PayPal is actually a no no because of the erotic content but the customers liked it a lot. CCBill is more geared towards subscription sites and is not good in selleing software.
We replaced both for BMT Micro, who handle know all fullfilment duties such as payement, downloading and key generating. And sofar i'm very happy with them.

I'm building a multiplayer now and the multilanguage version is ready. After that a new game waits.

Blitzblaster(Posted 2004) [#61]
the screens looks very good. And yes it is, it is a funny idea. I thinks many people pay`d this game, isn`t it ?

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#62]

I'm building a multiplayer now

Multiplayer lovechess eh? Hmmm... I can see now everyone totally forgetting whatever happened to the board...

;-)

Ace Grace(Posted 2004) [#63]
Is there a demo?