wizard tower

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/wizard tower

Bremer(Posted 2004) [#1]

Here is my first ever 3D building model. Its a wizard tower, but could be any kind of fantasy tower. This model is free to use with any project commercial or freeware, but credit would be nice. I haven't attached the doorway in case someone wants to use it without. I am not really good at texturing, so feel free to post images of it textured as it would be nice to see how you make it look in your game.

You can get the package from here:

http://zac-interactive.com/models/wizard_tower.zip

Its 357 polys with the doorway, the tower on its own is 249 polys. The design of it was inspired by a picture of a cardboard tower I saw in a magazine published by Target Games back in 1999. I found the magazine while going through my old stuff the other day and figured it would make a nice building for a fantasy setting.

Diablo(Posted 2004) [#2]
Looks pretty cool with those colors anayway, BOLD!

:)

P.S i might just have to use it in one of my creations, thx!

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#3]
Good proportions, good looking. Keep going!

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#4]
looks good. would like to see it textured though

puki(Posted 2004) [#5]
Yeh - like it - where is the wizard - is he inside?

Bremer(Posted 2004) [#6]

Edit: well I have used the graphics that comes with the Castle demo in the B3D folders and quickly textured the tower. As I mentioned before, I am not that great at drawing, so it would be cool if someone else would unwrap it and make something that looks a bit nicer than this one. :)

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#7]
zawran,

now lightmap it and placeit on a hilly terrain with shadowy figures beneath it, then it'll be the first of the Two Towers!

IPete2.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#8]
it looks much better textured, although I would be tempted to just make the symbol on the top a two sided textured quad.

Bremer(Posted 2004) [#9]
Thanks, I am just playing around with 3dsMax at the moment, I don't have any game projects going on right now, just a couple of applications, but I would like to get to the point where I can make my own models when I do need it. Texturing pose a bit of a problem though as I am not really that great at drawing, but I will just have to practice won't I, :)