Promotional Sruff

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Promotional Sruff

wmaass(Posted 2004) [#1]
I'm using BLitz3d to present our Indoor Golf simulator on a promotional CD along with a Director presentation. The client will be able to get a 3d tour of the thing, click on stuff etc. Used 3ds max and gile[s].

skn3(Posted 2004) [#2]
excellent

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#3]
Looks nice! The background/surroundings could do with a bit of spiffying up, though :)

Have you used Geometry Light Boosting to get the screen to cast light?

SopiSoft(Posted 2004) [#4]
looks cool

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#5]
Cool Idea. virtual virtual reality, so to say.

wmaass(Posted 2004) [#6]
Fredborg,

Yes, gile[s] was perfect to get the screen to do that. I gotta say that gile[s] is a marvel as far as i'm concerned.

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#7]
That's a great idea! :) Director's 3d is pretty poor!

But I guess the question should be...What are you using to create the Golf Simulator?

I'd just be interested to know.

IPete2.

wmaass(Posted 2004) [#8]
Yeah Director can be shoddy. I'm using it to drive part of the presentation. The software that runs the simulator is the culmination of years of work and R&D. We have some very good programmers on staff that create the software that the simulator uses. The software is written in c++ and it interfaces with a sensor that is developed by a South African firm. The sensor is interesting -- it's based on their technology that can track artillery fire over 10s of miles with a %.01 margin of error. It allows us to have players use their own clubs, balls and just come in and play as they would outside. So far, business is pretty good and looking better each day. The software will soon be released as a standalone PC game as well.