WWII Media Pack Released

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/WWII Media Pack Released

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#1]
Leadwerks Software is pleased to announce the release of two WWII-themed media packs. Included are more than 20 allied and axis weapon models, 8 building models, 4 skyboxes, and more than 110 high-res seamless textures. All artwork is held to the highest standards of quality to ensure a professional look for your game. Stop using odds-and-ends, and purchase a high-quality set of consistent media.

Visit the site to learn more:
http://www.leadwerks.com

ckob(Posted 2004) [#2]
nice work I really like the detail wish I was making an fps :P

Isaac P(Posted 2004) [#3]
Wonderful looking models and textures... not a big fan of the buildings tho (not saying anything wrong with them just a bit samey?), but everything else is ace, I see you made use of your tree scene in blitz to create a couple of the sky box's

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#4]
Good product. Very nice models. the price is ok. Nice weapons, indeed. I like the sten and the p38.

GW(Posted 2004) [#5]
Will it later include animated character models?

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#6]
There will be another pack at a later time for animated character models. We'll also have vehicles, music, and maybe sound.

granada(Posted 2004) [#7]
Well done josh & team,nice work

dave

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#8]
Most of the credit should go to Matt and Alec.

Ion-Storm(Posted 2004) [#9]
I can say, being a WW2 history fan..read "Anorak"
these models are very very good. Textures are nice.
I carnt find a deal wrong with them at all..

Good luck.

Haval(Posted 2004) [#10]
I could of swore I remember someone saying this:

"The team has voted not to release any more images or information on this site, and I agree."

"No, it means that any affiliation with this community will just give us a bad reputation on the net. There won't be anything new for a few weeks, but when it is available, it will be at leadwerks.com."

Doesn't this classify as affiliation with this bad rep community?

granada(Posted 2004) [#11]
Here we go :D

("The team has voted not to release any more images or information on this site, and I agree."

"No, it means that any affiliation with this community will just give us a bad reputation on the net. There won't be anything new for a few weeks, but when it is available, it will be at leadwerks.com."

Doesn't this classify as affiliation with this bad rep community?)

dave

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#12]
Hey guys,

I've just had a long look at this stuff on their website and it's very good looking indeed. The weapons are particulary brilliant!

I know Halo is working on a game right now and if this is the level of artwork then thier team is surely off to a great start!

Check out the piccies on the leadwerks website!

IPete2.

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#13]
I was talking about the game, and what I meant was that if someone did a search for our game and came up with a thread about it on the Blitz forum, all they would read was a lot of unconstructive negativity. So yeah, anything we release is just going to get talked about in a bad way, and we don't want your poison spreading to the rest of the net.

The media pack is a product we are selling, so I posted an announcement.

R0B0T0(Posted 2004) [#14]
This is a nice bunch of quality 3d models for sale, put together by several individuals. Why don't we leave it at that?

Haval(Posted 2004) [#15]
Only wanted some clarification anyways the weapons look really good.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#16]
It is not easy money, this model pack business. Halo, me and also Mouss38 released such model packs lately. I don't know how well they sold their products, but me, I sold about ten copies of my package. Not a big deal and far away from the amout of work I spent. (Anyway, thanks a lot to those who bought it)

sswift(Posted 2004) [#17]
JfK:
Maybe you'd sell more copies if you advertised it. And by advertised it, I mean put a link in your sig, or at least on your website which is linked to from your sig. I'd like to see what you have but even though I know it exists, I have no way to find it. Maybe that's why you only sold 10 copies? There's a reason I put my stuff in my sig you know. :-)

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#18]
Nice Models - well done Halo & team. More of this kind of thing is required. Looking forwards to seeing your animated models too.

sswift(Posted 2004) [#19]
So those weapon models came from the Darkmatter CD? If not, where did they come from?

I think some of those Darkmatter models were released as samples, cause if I'm not mistaken tbey're on TurboSquid too.

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#20]
They're for sale on Turbosquid. This is a warez site. You need to edit those links out of your post, because you are posting pirated software on this forum, intentionally or not.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#21]
I didn't meant to link to warez. I just pointed out that the usage of those models (not only those) might be illegal. NOt a big deal since the Darkmatter Models can be ripped from many Demos and Games, where those Games can be fully legal releases (if the developers own the DM CD). However, FOXs Statement "Free" used to lead to false interpretations. However, I edited the links in my posting.

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#22]
Where did you release your models? I don't see anything on the CSP page.

Dirk Krause(Posted 2004) [#23]
@jfk: sswift is right. it's impossible to get in contact to you. though I really tried to trace your various identities, and posted several times on your behalf, I couldn't get any information. you really have to work on your marketing.

@halo: it's not easy to get in contact with you, too :-), but I can imagine the reason regarding several threads in these forums. But one can find halo's products - I recently bought CShop.

Regards,
Dirk

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#24]
Just to make this clear, some post where deleted, thats ok. But when sswift said "So those weapon models came from the Darkmatter CD? If not, where did they come from? " he didn't talk about my or halos models, but about some models FoX used to link too, because he didn't know they where warez models stolen from the darkmatter CD. Those postings heve been deleted.

Dirk - just follow the link in my sig, I mean the Interior Pack thing.

Halo - my "shop" and the csp engine are two diffrent things, not linked to eachother in both directions for some reason. the engine page is www.melog.ch/dropper and the shop is on www.melog.ch/shop . But there isn't a big lot of things in my shop. As I said, I made a little money and probably I'll see a little $-check in the next days. It is some kind of test if this ebusiness works at all.
I announced the release of the models pack in the blitz news as well as in the db forum.

Dirk Krause(Posted 2004) [#25]
I was for some time interested in the engine, that's what I was refering to.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#26]
when you played the SECRET OF MANES demo, you should have seen the mail adress. However, I sent the engine in V2.01 to several people but never heared anything of them anymore. Probably my souce is just too spaghetti-ish. I agree, my engine is not a real pearl of code. But at least I did it. There are not many playable fps examples made in Blitz.

Back to topic - the excellent WWII Pack!

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#27]
You should use Turbosquid. I uploaded a skybox and a tree, and got 50 views the first week.

Dirk Krause(Posted 2004) [#28]
jfk, where do I find your interior dropper?

rsbrowndog(Posted 2004) [#29]
Dirk,

Click on the piccy in his sig, or use this link:

http://www.melog.ch/dropper/

Cheers,

Ryan

Dirk Krause(Posted 2004) [#30]
@ryan: Thanks - but, is ist part of the demos? I cannot see any download.

@jfk: you are right, and I really like the things you created. And that's why I was trying to get in contact.

That's why I got an account at blitzcoder.com as you suggested on your website (to no avail, norc doesn't receive private messages), that's why I (again) played SOM (no hope, no email) that's why I am posting here.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#31]
Hey Dirk, youmust be kiddin - when you finish SOM you can see my mail in the credits screen text. Or go to melog.ch/shop there you can find it too. I can send you the sources of version 2.01 (including the level editor), which was "Operation Enduring Pretzel". Byside a bug that was using integers for the mouselook (oops) and the fact that it's spaghetti style code, it's pretty complete.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#32]
Oh yeah, Halo, sorry for hijacking the thread.

Everybody! Buy the WWII Packs! They are extremly good! Seriously.