Castle model

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Castle model

electronin(Posted 2004) [#1]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/gallery/view_pic.php?id=297&gallery=&page=1

Caff(Posted 2004) [#2]
I agree with all your comments in the gallery.

electronin(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thanks caff! (not) I've only been working on it for about a day, so it's not very good. Anyways, I am working to make it decent-looking right now, if it's wasted effort, let me know :)

Jim Teeuwen(Posted 2004) [#4]
here's my lil effort at a castle. Note that I suck at texturing, so I didn't do that part.
Model is hollow as some screens show. Size of it all is currently at: Faces: 1155 Edges: 2960. Tis pretty heavy, but also quite detailed.

Anyhoo, here's the screenies <-- Picture Heavy!

electronin(Posted 2004) [#5]
Looks good Defiance! with some better textures, you might be able to use that in a game ;D

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#6]
looks nice defiance

GfK(Posted 2004) [#7]
The screenshot, as it stands, is ghastly.

Firstly the texture on the towers is horribly over-sized, and I don't think the roof would be made of stone blocks like that anyway.

Second, the same texture on the walls is about 20x smaller and the tesselation is not very good (you can visually see repeated patterns of pixels). The model itself is about as basic as it can get - you can make most of it with unmodified primitives. Lastly, there's no lighting whatsoever, and therefore no depth.

Sorry, but I gave it 1/5. I have to vote based on how the screenshot is now - not how it *might* be 2 weeks in the future, even if you're already aware of all the problems I've pointed out.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#8]
The best thing i can suggest to is to scour google for some reference of a castle. it just makes things ten time easier

electronin(Posted 2004) [#9]
@Gfk -
you can make most of it with unmodified primitives
I did make the whole thing in Blitz3D with primitives :)

the texture on the towers is horribly over-sized
I am planning on trying to fix the textures

there's no lighting whatsoever, and therefore no depth
there is some light in there, anyone can see that