I think it looks okay, apart from texture is mapped to small

granada(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thanks guys,just a texture i found

(show me yours napoleon)

dave

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#6]
It is a nice model :)

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#7]
It's not bad, and it could be a lot better if you tweak it a bit. Get a reference pic of a helicopter and tweak the top half of the model. The front is too flat, and the wrong angle. The windows are an odd shape and in the wrong place. With a reference picture, you could line those things up in about ten minutes and it'll look a lot better.

As Puki said, the texture is tiled too many times. It seems to be tiled about twenty times down the length of the vehicle. Unwrap it properly so that it only tiles once down the whole length and again, that'll make a huge improvement.

You'll be surprised how much difference that little bit of extra effort will make to the final result.

Looking at it, I'm pretty sure you made it without using a reference, and considering that, I think it's good work. I couldn't make something that good with no reference. But using references is the key to making those professional quality models.

granada(Posted 2004) [#8]
Thanks for the input sybixsus
As you said it was made from the top of my head
without any thought of scale or size, just a exersize
realy.
I'le play with it some more

dave

napole0n(Posted 2004) [#9]
Apologies, I should have been a bit more constructive here. Anyway, if I had to model a helicopter, I'd go for something like this:

I made this in about 15 minutes, so there's plenty of stuff to tweak here. But I do think that it looks like it could fly.

As Sybixsus said, you should use some reference when creating a model, especially when you've never done a model like that before. Think about the basic shapes. Think about the purpose of the thing (to fly, so you don't want to make it look like a brick). Get some images. For this image I used an image of a Apache and a regular chopper, just so I'd know where the basic parts go and a rough sense of proportion.

Good luck!

granada(Posted 2004) [#10]
Cool napoleon
Tweak it lets see some more

dave

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#11]
to be honest both look like c....

big10p(Posted 2004) [#12]
...choppers? :P

granada(Posted 2004) [#13]
Many thanks darklordz

dave

Pete Rigz(Posted 2004) [#14]
I upped a heli to turbosquid a while ago, take a ganda if u want some more ideas.

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#15]
now thats a helicopter...

mrtricks(Posted 2004) [#16]
Lovely

Tom(Posted 2004) [#17]
Choppers! :)

Made for GFK:

Find some nice reference pics, and don't be afraid to sample some textures from photos, providing they aint copyrighted!!!

Tom

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#18]
Very nice work :D

puki(Posted 2004) [#19]
"granada" your model is fine - you made it up off the top of your head - if you are already a good/competent modeller then it isn't as good as it could be - if you just knocked it up off the top of your head as a novice modeller then it is great. It's a good base model for you to work on and improve.

I don't do my own models, so it is better than I could do.

p.s. I think the propeller blades need to be longer.

napole0n(Posted 2004) [#20]
Nice one, Tom! Very good texture too...

granada(Posted 2004) [#21]
I was told by someone today that textures make
the model,He was right thats realy cool tom.

@puki, i've only just started modeling most things i make
off the top of my head.I will have to do what tom said

(Find some nice reference pics, and don't be afraid to sample some textures from photos, providing they aint copyrighted!!! )

dave

Doggie(Posted 2004) [#22]

Hehe...Top that, Top Gun!

granada(Posted 2004) [#23]
This is a tank i made,again using DeLeD.
(high poly 2149)

dave

puki(Posted 2004) [#24]
Hey "granada" that tank is really good - did you just knock that up or is that something you did a while back?

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#25]
The chopper... eh.

The tank. Great stuff for being a new modeller.

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#26]
These models rule!