Human model contract

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Human model contract

mag.(Posted 2004) [#1]
How much is the cost for low polygon model of human ( with walking animation on it). I supply the image of the person and you model it. No need to be accurate. Just look quite similar is ok for me. Email your cost to -edit-. I want to create several people. Give me your cost for one.

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#2]
don 't know about nayione else, but I would charge a lot for a realistic human model. because firstly there is the pain of modelling , then the pain of doing realistic textures.+ the animation

it will take a week to get it looking spot on, so thats a lot cash in my book, at least 200 quid.
might be better off finding a free one somewhere then adapting it slightly

Forbidden(Posted 2004) [#3]
http://www.turbosquid.com

NTense(Posted 2004) [#4]
When you say you want to create several people, how many is several. And how detailed is the texturing your wanting. I can modify my Military Essentials package pretty easy for you and you'd have a load of animations, but texturing tends to take some time, and quality somewhat depends on the quality of the source pic (if your wanting it to look like someone).

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#5]
www.turbosquid.com

Have you actually clicked that link? There is not a single decent low poly human on there.

GNS(Posted 2004) [#6]
Don't forget about Psionic ( http://www.psionic3d.co.uk/contact.html ). :)

c5ven(Posted 2004) [#7]
perhaps someone should define "low poly". for some it means 400-600 tri's. for me it now means 4000-6000 tri's. and walking animation? game models need more than walking - so who does the run, backward step, sidestep, etc etc? i don't see a specific app required. and comments on textures are valid. plus, how many texture sheets? bump and specular?

might want to think this through before you get into a financial arrangement with someone. add it all up, the work is not insignificant.

mag.(Posted 2004) [#8]
I imagine to have something like this
-edit-
Its about 2500 to 3000 faces. I know there are a lot free model but they not really suite my calture.

I want the model to be texture nicelly. I will not supply the texture, you have to draw it yourself. As realistic as possible. Texture from real picture is prefered if possible.

The only input I will give is one or two picture of that person. Not elevation just a candit snap. Like this for example..
-edit-
You got to imagine the back side of them.

I want about 20 people.

I just want them to walk foward.

What important to me...
1. Face should look nice
2. Proper overall propotion
3. Nice walking animation (not funny).

Please email me your cost.

PimpDaz(Posted 2004) [#9]
LOL...Cool Pic,

Are you making a Blitz version of a spanish soap opera ???

What's it gonna be called

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#10]
lol

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#11]
Isn't there a human model packaged with Plasma? I understood that all the Project Plasma media were free to use in all Blitz Projects, though you'd want to make sure, obviously.

poopla(Posted 2004) [#12]
Dude, 20 models in any sort of contract with any decent quality with animations is going to run you at LEAST 1000$.

And I'm being rediculously low with that ammount.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#13]
Do you want 20 individual models or will a generic one (or 2, if both sexes) with different textures do?

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#14]
I'd say Ruz's cost was pretty generous. Multiply that by twenty and you've got £4000 or $8,500. I think a couple of generic models which can be modified a little is your only bet unless you're absolutely certain you're going to get a great contract on this game ( or several good contracts. )

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#15]
what can i say, I am cheap he he.

yeah you can use 'red bron' from project plasma if you like but its probably not the style you are after.
all you need to do is give me a credit .