Rhino/DIno?

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Rhino/DIno?

Doggie(Posted 2004) [#1]
Comments?

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#2]
That's pretty funky looking. Was that done with Curvy? It has a distinct blobby look, like something made of plasticine.

Doggie(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yeah, Curvy. But don't judge Curvy by the quality of my work. In abler hands it turns out incredible stuff.
But the cool thing is, I couldn't even begin to model
things like my rat and this dino in any other program.

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#4]
That's nothing look what I made with curvy!!

Bolo_Loco(Posted 2004) [#5]
@Doggie cute one,i like it !

@CodeD you are a GOD !!!! ;-)

Bolo

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#6]
For heaven's sake, a 1MB BMP image? Have you heard of jpeg? Spare a thought for those of not on broadband connections.

( At coded, not Doggie, whose image loads fine. )

Looks interesting actually.. might have to take a look at this curvy. How does it compare to ZBrush?

Doggie(Posted 2004) [#7]
There's been a lot of comparison of Curvy to ZBrush.
The main difference(at least in the current version of Curvy) is that Zbrush is a painting tool that can also model. Whereas Curvy is a modeler that can also paint.
I've tried the demo of Zbrush and want to like it but it's not too easy to get to grips with. Curvy takes some practice too but is much more straightforward in how it works. There's a big future in Curvy too, so if you don't see some of the things you're looking for be sure to browse the boards cuz there's a lot that's already in the process of being added to the PRO version. Download the interactive demo and maybe within five minutes you can top CodeD's effort!

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#8]
Cripes, I just typed "curvy" in Google to search for the tool. BAD idea.

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#9]
Doggie - I think your model is great. Wanna work on a game?

Doggie(Posted 2004) [#10]
Well, these Curvy models are pretty high poly.
They'll load into Blitz but you couldn't use too many of them. I'm thinking about getting the Action3D Reducer, but only if I get reports on it that it works well enough.
I'd love to work on a game but if it's commercial or
even shareware I'd rather just sell the models upfront.
I wouldn't charge an arm and a leg either and we could work out an arrangement if you're interested. Another thing is though that I can't gaurantee I could make the model you need on demand. Let me know what you're interested in though and we'll see.

BlackJumper(Posted 2004) [#11]
@Sybixsus:

Don't be so hard on CodeD... at least I learned that it is possible to embed .bmp images in a web page thanks to his educational posting. (I didn't think that browsers would support it !)

Of course it took me about 5 minutes to find that out - and I do have broadband !

@CodeD: The secret to comedy is timing. It's not called a punchline because it takes an aeon to arrive !

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#12]
Doggie - you just having fun with them, or you planning on getting them textured and maybe animated?

Doggie(Posted 2004) [#13]
He's textured, but I took it off for this particular
image. I'm having a devil of a time trying to animate.
I'm trying to use TrueSpace 5.2 but I've never gotten into
skinning before and all I get are twisted meshes.
I'll keep plugging away at it.